Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Happy Birthday Tin Pot.
View attachment 419870
Game over!

Tin Pot

Guru
Thanks peeps. What can you do eh? Managed to call a cab out to “the middle of nowhere” as described by the the post office owner, so i should get to work some time this morning.

And I’ve bought two cakes while I’m here :smile:

C R

Guru
Thanks peeps. What can you do eh? Managed to call a cab out to “the middle of nowhere” as described by the the post office owner, so i should get to work some time this morning.

And I’ve bought two cakes while I’m here :smile:
If you have a chain tool you could always try and improvise a single speed ...

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Happy birthday @Tin Pot may your derailleurs be forever blessed in future.

Had a blast into work this morning & managed a PR on a bit of road I've ridden more than 670 times before. At the moment I seem to be chasing PRs set when I used my phone to record rides on Strava, and when I was a little younger. So it felt great to hit this one !

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
Not happy, some thug threatened to lamp me and then spat in my face before bravely driving off in a hurry this morning. What is it with these self-entitled morons. Sadly I was on my road bike this morning which hasn't got camera mounts, not that they would have picked much up other than the initial close pass as mine are not helmet mounted.

I stayed calm this time and didn't lose my rag like with the last guy. It would have ended up with one of us being arrested. Probably me after what he did. No witnesses, reg number or cam footage = no point in going to the police. Sometimes I wonder why I bother cycling. Today is one of those days.
Sorry to hear that-just hang in there!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Just back home from a slightly extended commute. 12 miles there, 14 back.
No wind, and reasonably mild apart from a couple of frost hollows I go through. Decidedly nippy for 50 yards or so!!
No muppetry to report, happily.

BromyG

Veteran
Usually nothing to report on my commutes, but unusually got shouted at this morning going around Trafalgar Square by a tour bus driver, 'Wot you cut me up for?!'. The answer, though he wouldn't have heard it, was that I wasn't going to stay where I was and get crushed between the Boris bus turning left and his huge double-decker which was cutting off my only means of escape! :wacko:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Reported another mobile-phone fiddling twerp from last night's commute home.

He was drifting towards the kerb in slow-moving traffic in a large twincab SUV.

Didn't notice the cyclists passing (gingerly) on his left until he saw my camera recording him using his handheld phone. He didn't want to chat about it so perhaps the police might get his attention.

Top Bottom