Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaijintendo

Veteran
What about a ring guard?
I hadn't considered that, as I have seen one for Tiagra kit. I am very vaguely toying with sticking a single narrow wide up front bodged on the double, and maybe could incorporate it then...

Abuse from motorists seems to be at an all time high this summer. Sun gone to their heads, the lots of em.

Asshat older man in Audi blasting horn at me for being in primary position at a narrow section of road with cars parked either side. No mate, the horn is for situations where you are in immediate and present danger from other motorists only and not for stating your total-all-encompassed (imaginary) claim to the road. You Pillock!

I slowed right down after the second long blast of the horn, you know, just to wind this toss pot up. He was going nowhere and I certainly wasn't in a hurry!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Being on the late shift this week means leaving for work at midday(ish). After today's heat I'm sorely tempted to use the car just to get a few minutes of ice cold air conditioning :sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Failing that it's leave a bit earlier, take the Giant flat bar and ride slower.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Move away from the dark side, come back to the light.
Dont worry, as it's only a 10 minute or so drive to work, the air conditioning won't really have time to get working properly, so I will be taking the leave earlier and ride slower option.

Sixmile

Veteran
Another drive and cycle commute for me this morning. I'd rather not use the car but I had to lift a few 20kg bags and a gallon of latex from the builders merchants and my backpack was already full.

Lonestar

Veteran
Abuse from motorists seems to be at an all time high this summer. Sun gone to their heads, the lots of em.

Asshat older man in Audi blasting horn at me for being in primary position at a narrow section of road with cars parked either side. No mate, the horn is for situations where you are in immediate and present danger from other motorists only and not for stating your total-all-encompassed (imaginary) claim to the road. You Pillock!

I slowed right down after the second long blast of the horn, you know, just to wind this toss pot up. He was going nowhere and I certainly wasn't in a hurry!

Not so much me but they seem to be blasting each other more....Also shocking behaviour from a motorist down the aptly named Cemetery Road who couldn't wait for a Learner driver to move so gave a blast of the horn also.Motorists STOP BULLYING.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Not so much me but they seem to be blasting each other more....Also shocking behaviour from a motorist down the aptly named Cemetery Road who couldn't wait for a Learner driver to move so gave a blast of the horn also.Motorists STOP BULLYING.

Had one last night at an awkward road junction, where it is necessary to take the lane to save being left hooked by drivers failing to indicate. Sometimes you just get a funny feeling about what someone is going to do and sure enough he considered I wasn't moving forward fast enough and he hit his horn. That just brings out the Mr Awkward in me.:smile:

Top Bottom