Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
This funny wet stuff just starting falling from the sky

Methinks someone has bought one of those Bluetooth hosepipes i've been hearing so much about

Jenkins

Legendary Member
What is this rain some of you speak of? Haven't seen any of it for about 6 weeks now

Exactly the same here. Only problem is that when it finally does rain, I expect the roads are going to be dangerously slippery as all the spilt diesel, oil, etc has been building up on the surface and hasn't been washed away for all that time.

Not happy, some thug threatened to lamp me and then spat in my face before bravely driving off in a hurry this morning. What is it with these self-entitled morons. Sadly I was on my road bike this morning which hasn't got camera mounts, not that they would have picked much up other than the initial close pass as mine are not helmet mounted.

I stayed calm this time and didn't lose my rag like with the last guy. It would have ended up with one of us being arrested. Probably me after what he did. No witnesses, reg number or cam footage = no point in going to the police. Sometimes I wonder why I bother cycling. Today is one of those days.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not happy, some thug threatened to lamp me and then spat in my face before bravely driving off in a hurry this morning. What is it with these self-entitled morons. Sadly I was on my road bike this morning which hasn't got camera mounts, not that they would have picked much up other than the initial close pass as mine are not helmet mounted.

I stayed calm this time and didn't lose my rag like with the last guy. It would have ended up with one of us being arrested. Probably me after what he did. No witnesses, reg number or cam footage = no point in going to the police. Sometimes I wonder why I bother cycling. Today is one of those days.

Now I can take threats of violence and abuse hurled at my direction, but being spat at, that's just farking disgusting. I certainty would have been arrested if that happened to me. I wouldn't have thought twice about lamping someone for doing that. Well done for keeping your cool. You're a better man then me.

I have never been a fighter by nature, but like to think I'd have a good go defending myself. However, I knew it wasn't in my best interest to have a brawl on a busy A road. Our brave fellow half heartedly opened his door and feigned getting out before spitting out his window and speeding off. I probably could have egged him on out after that as he got stuck at the next junction. But where would that have got me.

Last edited:

Lonestar

Veteran
I have never been a fighter by nature, but like to think I'd have a good go defending myself. However, I knew it wasn't in my best interest to have a brawl on a busy A road. Our brave fellow half heartedly opened his door and feigned getting out before spitting out his window and speeding off. I probably could have egged him on out after that as he got stuck at the next junction. But where would that have got me.

You are a better man then me...Met the local meathead Conway flatbed driver who tooted a white car that was dithering at Westferry,,,P!%%£d me off so I inquired what that was all about but local meathead ignored me.Good thing really.Perhaps he doesn't like being delayed for two seconds.Shame they can't use their indicators as much as they us their horns.

My mates from Goldline were also at it.Apart from poor positioning outside Plaistow tube station to what I assume he was going to do a U-turn...didn't like his positioning at all as it wasn't assertive and virtually invited me to cross in front to which I didn't.

No way would I cross in front of a meathead whose probably got his foot on the accelerator.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
After a couple of lazy days to work and back, then a day off (that turned out busier than my actual work!) I was on the bike today.
12 miles there and 12 back, with a visit to the bus stop library, in Overstone, to pick up a new book.

DD0EDF5E-2395-4D9E-B2F3-1E5C972A29CC.jpeg

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Getting fed up with head wind most of the way home. Don't even get the benefit of it behind me in the morning as it usually calm/ish at dawn.

Had a pavement driver on the journey home yesterday. The scene is a main road, with a 20 mph speed limit for about a quarter of a mile, with wider pavements and humps as part of the traffic calming. There is almost always a train of slow moving traffic through the section from around 3pm and yesterday afternoon was no exception. A car two vehicles in front of me indicated it was to turn right and shortly after comes to a halt as its way is blocked by a couple of cars coming the opposite way. After quite literally 2 or 3 seconds, the driver in front decides he has waited long enough and mounts the pavement with the whole of his car and undertakes the right turning car, only to rejoin the train of slow moving traffic. :banghead:

I await Greater Manchester Police's response with interest.

Genau

In a refreshing change, the westbound, eastern end of Kensington High Street was free-flowing last night because, unusually, there wasn't a cabbie parked up narrowing the already narrow section before the junction with Kensington Church Street and forcing two lanes of traffic to merge into one lane. Strange how the council thinks the much broader stretch of the road further on isn't wide enough to fit in a cycle lane but they are quite relaxed about taxis using the narrow, congested bit to park up, have a fag, polish their cars (as I saw one doing last week).

Meanwhile, past Olympia heading into Hammersmith a pedestrian used his phone to film a pavement rider whilst giving a very loud and forceful voiceover. He wasn't happy. I share his disdain for pavement riders but he was giving the impression that he might be the sort of person who shouts at lamp posts.

Top Bottom