Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
What a beautiful sunny ride in, even if a little chilly.

Anchors on this morning, along a narrow road with parked cars on the opposite side. One oncoming driver decided she wouldn't wait five seconds for me to get past before pulling out round the parked car (I had to slow down a lot) and the twerp behind her was of the same mind (I had to stop). Impatient cockwombles !

clf

Attacked again this morning, bloody wasp stung me on the leg :sad:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
That made a pleasant change; the wind either directly or diagonally behind me for most of the journey. As a result I spent most of the journey on the big ring. I shall be interested to see when I get home, what the computer says about the journey. It was just a pity several sets of lights were against me or I suspect that could have been a new PB for the journey. Could have done without the drizzle and very wet roads too.
The journey home is looking like it is going to be hard work.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Back to s/s shirt and mits for the journey in this morning. A balmy 13°.
Plenty of cyclists now fully winterised up with custard winter clothing and blazing lights. I feel quite naked next to some of them.
The headwind that blighted yesterdays mornings commute has died down a bit. Last nights commute home was a jolly old wizz with the wind behind though.

ukoldschool

Overtook a 'proper' cyclist last night up the hill on the way home from work.
He had the full bifta; super dooper mountain bike with 800 gears, bar ends etc, fluro jacket, flashing lights, shorts etc.
I went past him on my clown bike brompton in suit and gave him a little 'ping' of my bell :laugh:

I am more amazed that my legs have got to the point of bein gable to climb the hill faster than a snail than anything else :smile:

si_c

Guru
Overdressed for this morning, long sleeve jersey and a blistering tailwind meant I was totally unable to cool down.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Overdressed for this morning, long sleeve jersey and a blistering tailwind meant I was totally unable to cool down.

As I posted above Si

Mrklaw

last couple of days I have started exploring the heady heights of my Brompton's 5th gear. Either getting used to the handling so don't mind going a bit faster, getting used to the pedalling, or a bit of both. Only through Hyde Park though - still don't get out of 4th (sometimes not out of 3rd) on the short sprints between traffic lights in central London.

Slick

Guru
I certainly wasn't overdressed this morning with a wind blowing 30 to 35 mph at my back for the first 5 miles which im sure produced a few PB's. Not so much fun when I turned into the wind for the last few miles, I was glad when I finally made it to work.

Not just as fresh on the way home but at my back most of the way, which was good. Noticed a few cars looking in my general direction but failing to see me and pull out anyway before some wee ned leaned half way out the passenger window of an old transit van to tell me to ride in the gutter so they could pass. I couldn't help myself with my retort, even though I really should know better.

Still enjoyable, but dealing with some aspects is tiresome.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
A little over an hour and five minutes of rain this morning.. At least it was warm enough for shorts and just about warm enough for no gloves. Shorts should be dry by the time I leave for home, but with a cold radiator and only ambient temperature to dry my soaked bootees, socks and shoes, it's looking like damp footwear on the way home. At least my top stayed dry.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Last nights commute was a lovely wind assisted ride home again. Starting to get dark now by the time I get home. Better try find the bike lights and attach. It was a stunning red/orange/pink sunset.

This mornings ride in was an extended route of 20 miles. (3rd day in a row), Mild temperatures again this morning here in the SE.
It seemed that the whole of Bromley was at a complete standstill with traffic this morning. Tried a couple of diversions but which ever way I went I was met with even more traffic. No idea why. School run and just sheer amount of cars on the road I expect.
Once through Bromley it was rapid progress along the A21, and no other cycle commuting chums to play with :sad:

Top Bottom