Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Look at him proud as punch too. :laugh:

Yup, t'other one is hanging his head in shame !

the stupid one

Über Member
Unbelievably wet this evening on the way home, totally soaked through.

How I chuckled at the thought of my son cycling to his clarinet lesson and back again in that downpour*. But I had pyjamas and a dressing gown warming on the radiator for him. Dad of the year.

*I wasn't available to take him! I was collecting the also-soaking daughter from her football session.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What strange weather for the commute home. It was drizzling when I left work so donned the windproof jacket. Halfway home I was the proverbial boiled in the bag. It was really warm out despite the rain. So stopped and took off the jacket.
Oh yes, the mighty headwind. That can do one. Can't be doing with a tough ride home thanks.

si_c

Guru
What strange weather for the commute home. It was drizzling when I left work so donned the windproof jacket. Halfway home I was the proverbial boiled in the bag. It was really warm out despite the rain. So stopped and took off the jacket.
Oh yes, the mighty headwind. That can do one. Can't be doing with a tough ride home thanks.
I'd rather the headwind on the way home, I'm always cutting it fine on the way in

Leaway2

Lycrist
Short sleeve jersey and shorts, but a very windy day. Quite a workout. Missed the rain though (and last night). I doubt ill be so lucky tonight.

si_c

Guru
Short sleeve jersey and shorts, but a very windy day. Quite a workout. Missed the rain though (and last night). I doubt ill be so lucky tonight.
Same here, really hard to make progress in places, there's one section of road where I was struggling to get to 15mph where I'd normally be doing 22mph, even on the extensions. That being said there looks like a solid tailwind home tonight :laugh:

si_c

Guru
I'm leaving work here in an hour and the headwind looks real nasty.

It was this morning, I had a meeting at 9, but was late leaving home, no problem says I, I'll just hammer it all the way in, but the headwind was just brutal, so settled in to a low intensity effort as I wouldn't have gone any faster by pushing hard and accepted I was going to be late for my meeting.

My commute is North/South so it was a fun tailwind on the way in to work but god the headwind was a bitch coming home this evening.

On the other hand at least it was dry (surprisingly depsite the forecast) going both ways.

Top Bottom