Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
My morning commute was beautiful. Windy but beautiful.

8E0596F2-EAD4-4E99-A3A3-25F21ECCD8A1.jpeg
530EEB01-212F-4D25-8EBA-FFDB5C5017EA.jpeg
C8BDA6F7-2E4E-4DA3-B100-9DE8B809600F.jpeg

Slick

Guru
My morning commute was beautiful. Windy but beautiful.

View attachment 433726 View attachment 433727 View attachment 433728
Red sky in the morning, sailors warning.

Must have been a tail wind. :whistle:

John_S

Über Member
There was a nasty headwind on my way home tonight so it was slow going but it was dry so I can’t complain.

The wind was really warm though so it was a bit like riding into a Luke warm hairdryer.

6.5 miles in on the way into work and get a puncture in the non slime rear. Change it for shiny new self sealing slime inner tube in mere moment, pull out my pump with a self satisfied flourish, grab the handle and watch as it falls in two... a phone call to a mate and I'm rescued to work. Get new pump and then ride home at 0400hrs. Whereby I get another puncture! This time the new slime inner tube did it's magic and self sealed rapidly with very little loss of pressure, very impressed.

Randombiker9

Praise the lord! Got to the traffic lights today at the busy junction on the A24 (CS7) and there was a team of police and PSCO's telling off motorists and motorcyclists that stopped in the cycle space at the front of the lights... whether it makes any difference in the long term god only knows but it was nice to see something positive
Lol there's hardly any advanced stop boxes in my area.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Warm enough for shorts, but my hands were happy I had brought my woollen long fingered gloves.

rivers

How far can I go?
First commute in about a week due to throwing out my back last week, and what a wet one it was. Everything was soaked through. Good thing I brought spare socks. I've set up quite the drying rack in the workshop.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Some throbber who thought composing a text message was more important than looking where he was going.
He jumped a mile when I rapped sharply on his side window.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I chose the ten mile route to work today & discovered that my sealskin overshoes aren't as good as BBB Hardwear at keeping the feet dry. New Aldi gloves took on a lot of water but there must be some sort of waterproof layer inside. Once at work I wrung a lot of water out of the gloves, socks, insoles and overshoes.

Pro-viz jacket was pretty good though. The small radiator in my office is festooned with kit.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
6.5 miles in on the way into work and get a puncture in the non slime rear. Change it for shiny new self sealing slime inner tube in mere moment, pull out my pump with a self satisfied flourish, grab the handle and watch as it falls in two... a phone call to a mate and I'm rescued to work. Get new pump and then ride home at 0400hrs. Whereby I get another puncture! This time the new slime inner tube did it's magic and self sealed rapidly with very little loss of pressure, very impressed.

So those things work well, then ?

si_c

Guru
Bit cold this morning, but I soon warmed up despite just wearing a SS jersey with arm warmers. Two bad close passes, one I yelled at her through the window at the next set of lights after she passed with about 6 inches to spare. The second driver passed me within 3 inches of my handlebars following having been stopped at a set of lights - I was doing just under 30mph at the time.

I'm normally not one to bother making reports, but this was truly egregious.

Top Bottom