Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Bit cold this morning, but I soon warmed up despite just wearing a SS jersey with arm warmers. Two bad close passes, one I yelled at her through the window at the next set of lights after she passed with about 6 inches to spare. The second driver passed me within 3 inches of my handlebars following having been stopped at a set of lights - I was doing just under 30mph at the time.

I'm normally not one to bother making reports, but this was truly egregious.

That looked very unpleasant and I would report the driver. You have other examples in the same clip of drivers safely passing you and there would seem to be no excuse as the car behind the close passer had given them and you, room.

si_c

Guru
That looked very unpleasant and I would report the driver. You have other examples in the same clip of drivers safely passing you and there would seem to be no excuse as the car behind the close passer had given them and you, room.

I've already passed the details on to Cheshire Police.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I came up against a silly van driver a few weeks ago. In our ensuing conversation about his driving he decided to make various threats and gestures. I said that the resolution to the whole thing would just be for him say sorry to me for the way he drove at me with his van and i'd be on my way. He declined the invitation, continued his tirade.

I informed him that this was fine, but i would be reporting him to his employer. This too was met with various threats and gestures.

Yesterday I met another driver from the company on the route. He parked up near me and said the following:

"Saw your video mate, terrible driving by the driver."
"Oh."
"Yeah, around the warehouse he's known as king peanut so seeing him do that didn't surprise me. Chin up."

It was encouraging that it wasn't just me overeacting :biggrin:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow, mild again this morning in the SE. In contrast to yesterdays cold, foggy mizzle. The temps were showing 13° at 7am. Nice blue skies too. Roads were a tad wet though which meant a mucky bike again after I only cleaned it yesterday.
Traffic was extraordinary light too, strange. Made for a nice and quick commute.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I came up against a silly van driver a few weeks ago. In our ensuing conversation about his driving he decided to make various threats and gestures. I said that the resolution to the whole thing would just be for him say sorry to me for the way he drove at me with his van and i'd be on my way. He declined the invitation, continued his tirade.

I informed him that this was fine, but i would be reporting him to his employer. This too was met with various threats and gestures.

Yesterday I met another driver from the company on the route. He parked up near me and said the following:

"Saw your video mate, terrible driving by the driver."
"Oh."
"Yeah, around the warehouse he's known as king peanut so seeing him do that didn't surprise me. Chin up."

It was encouraging that it wasn't just me overeacting :biggrin:

There's always one complete and utter bellend in every company and you found the one in that company.

subaqua

What’s the point
anyway, todays Commute. Definition of irony .

so its mizzlly and the roads are greasy, stopping distances are increased, so you would think most peiple woukd ride a tad more cautiously . Oh no not the bellend FKW with " Ride Safety Captain" emblazoned across the bottom of his top. clue you peanut - Zebra crossings pedestrians have priority , whatever the weather, and going through Red while the pedestrian crossing is on the green phase is just not on .

i hope your gear cables snap and you have multiple punctures .

si_c

Guru
Bit nippy this morning, around 9° but still got the fingerless gloves out - but I don't see that being the case for much longer, my hands were a bit cold by the time I got in this morning.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bit nippy this morning, around 9° but still got the fingerless gloves out - but I don't see that being the case for much longer, my hands were a bit cold by the time I got in this morning.

Yep, I had 8° this morning. Still in mitts.
Got halfway to work, it had warmed up a bit and I was a bit too hot in a windcheater, so ditched that and continued in s/s shirt.
Strange seeing other cycle commuters in full arctic winter gear :sweat:

Top Bottom