Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Unfortunately yes, apparently they need the bike in the shot so they can determine the perspective:wacko: But also they said I didn't attach a statement... Despite there being a mandatory statement box to fill out.

Also they said they couldn't use the footage as I moved off the line at the junction before it turned green so technically I'd committed an offence too.

Bit disappointing really.
That's a real pity, but like I said Cheshire police like it on a plate and wrapped in a ribbon. By contrast Greater Manchester police were happy I had crossed the unbroken white line to make myself visible to a driver who subsequently barged in front of me.
If you get another knobber like that, feel free to PM me. After several attempts with Cheshire police, I think I have a statement which works. Obviously no guarantees it will work for you, but drivers like that :cursing:
Edit - The only bit of my bike you can see is a cable outer, so what you have been told about perspective is bollox. What they may be alluding to is giving them your riding distance from the kerb and the width of the road.

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Curse be on @Supersuperleeds and his plague of punctures .Only talked to him yesterday and guess who got the puncture this morning :sad: are they contagious . 3 miles from work could hear a tick ,tick ever wheel turn . There's something in the wheel I think . Made to work just about to an extra loop when the rear wheel feels iffy . Stopped and yes nearly flat easily found the drawing pin :cursing:. So cut the loop short and changed the tube at work on the light and warm .

You need marathon plus, just change them when they get worn :rolleyes:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The post-Pyrénées effect continues. I have loads of energy to spare on my commutes.
:hyper:
I've also been continuing the daily thigh and calf stretches I was doing during the Pyrénées trip, which helps my leg muscles withstand more stresses on my commutes.

Hills? What hills?
:scratch:

si_c

Guru
Bit chilly this morning - a mere 4° at 8am. I'd warmed up a lot though by the time I got to work, but my toes were a bit cold! Time to find the merino socks.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Unfortunately yes, apparently they need the bike in the shot so they can determine the perspective:wacko: But also they said I didn't attach a statement... Despite there being a mandatory statement box to fill out.

Also they said they couldn't use the footage as I moved off the line at the junction before it turned green so technically I'd committed an offence too.

Bit disappointing really.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I guess their view is that you deserved the close pass then ? ! :sad::wacko:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, same for me 4° when I left at 7.30am. Though it turns out to be a lovely bright sunny mornings commute.
Had to go with the silk glove liners with the mitts, but did forget the knee warmers in my haste to leave. The old knees were a bit chilly for a while.

Apart from that, it was a very pleasant commute. The roads were very clear for some reason. A lot of the school run lemmings must be clearing off early for half term or something.

C R

Guru
2° for me, and a really bright morning, so long everything, but I couldn't find my buff, so my ears complained a bit. Beautiful quiet ride.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've not had a chance of a commute recently. So it goes..
Anyway, yesterday, I set off just before midday for my usual 12.5 miles in. Within half a mile of leaving, I had bit of a close encounter of the White Van kind. I was approaching a T junction and White Van 1 must have turned left without indicating or summat, because White Van 2 blew his horn at him. W V 1 took exception to this and was about to chuck an emergency U Turn around the island I was approaching. As he was more intent on chasing W V 2, I thought it best to give a loud shout so he'd realise that he's not the only one on the road. Luckily, he saw me and stopped for a second or two before setting off in hot pursuit of W V 2. I almost wish I could follow and see the outcome... muppets!

Anyway, the rest of the ride in was really warm, especially as I had to be ready for a chilly ride home at stupid o'clock.
On the ride home, leaving at 23.30, I still had some energy left, so took a longer route home and ended up on 18 miles by the time I finished.
Only event on the return leg was being buzzed by quite a few bats through one part of the route. There must be a roosting spot nearby.

Car today, then, hopefully, back on the bike tomorrow.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Once again, a pleasantly warm 13 mile ride in at lunchtime, then a rubbish shift (who actually wants to be driving a 44 tonne truck around Acton and Camden on a Sunday evening!)
Finished at 23.30 and mobile by 23.45.
Lovely ride home, with no diversions, so was back in 45 minutes, looking at the really bright moon across the fields and through the trees. Beautiful!
Day off today, with chores to perform. Happy wife, happy life :okay:

Top Bottom