Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Glad your ok . Well done on staying calm
I dare not tell the wife, she would take my cycle clips off me and make me drive :ohmy: By the time I had gone through all the messing with insurances ect,the bike would be fixed so we both had a lucky escape and hopefully the driver will be a little more aware that wet roads are greasy after long spell of dry weather. I'm all good thanks, I think age improves your flying and landing skills :hyper:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Throughly unpleasant ride home in Leicestershire land . Cold ,wet ,dark and a headwind but I still extended the ride home :wacko: 10.8 miles instead of the shortest route of 7.6 miles

I did 12 :tongue:, it's going to be windier tomorrow

13 rider

Guru
Tonight horrid ride had a bit of fun at the end . Just as I was about to start the climb before home a fellow commute came by me on a roadie so I grabbed a wheel and rode slightly to his right so he could see my light .He kept trying to get away but I managed to hold on and pass him at the top and immediately signaled right as I turned off at home :laugh: leaving him breathing heavily

si_c

Guru
Had stopped raining by the time I left work, but it was still a more chilly. Hammered it home though with s slight tailwind, which sort of made up for this morning, tomorrow is going to be another matter...

ukoldschool

Wet.

Do you know what gets my goat? seeing cyclists on the road cycling NEXT TO a perfectly decent, well laid, lit, empty cycle path.... Its like we are our own worst enemy... Use them or lose them

si_c

Guru
Wet.

Do you know what gets my goat? seeing cyclists on the road cycling NEXT TO a perfectly decent, well laid, lit, empty cycle path.... Its like we are our own worst enemy... Use them or lose them

I rarely use cycle paths. They tend to be inconveniently routed, badly maintained, and up and down over driveways or losing priority at every road junction. Add to that most of them in this area are shared usage paths (meaning I'd have to ride significantly slower), and I'll ride on the road thankyouverymuch.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another 2 wet commutes.
Last nights was especially crappy.

So with this mornings wet ride. that's the 44th rainy commute of the year. Last year at the same only 29 rainy commutes with 31 over all in 2017.
Looking at the future weather reports, there's a good few rainy commutes to add to the total.

Also, white 4x4 thingy in front of me slowly veering right every now and again. I go to over take and yep, the woman is on her mobile phone. She got both barrels.

si_c

Guru
Today's commute was bleh. Solid headwind and me feeling like I cbfa meant that it was a slow run in. It wasn't raining but the road was damp and covered in telltale white and rainbow patches.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Double puncture, front and back yesterday on way home booooo. On top of that, the crunching sound of no material left on your disc pads raised its head :tongue: New pads ordered into Halfords today.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Wet.

Dunno where you are but I am aware of precisely one such cycle path within 20 miles of my abode, alonside a recently built bypass. It's universally used rather than the road. Literally every single other cycle "facility" I can think of is either inconvenient, dangerous or more often both. Many of them are never used by cyclists, and for good reason.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Another 2 wet commutes.
Last nights was especially crappy.

So with this mornings wet ride. that's the 44th rainy commute of the year. Last year at the same only 29 rainy commutes with 31 over all in 2017.
Looking at the future weather reports, there's a good few rainy commutes to add to the total.

Also, white 4x4 thingy in front of me slowly veering right every now and again. I go to over take and yep, the woman is on her mobile phone. She got both barrels.

I was going to ask about the rain stats and there you are...:okay:

mangid

Guru
Wet.

You know what gets my goat, people complaining about cyclists using the road when they think they should be using a cycle path ....

Have you ever considered that there's probably a reason why the cyclist is using the road over the path.

Top Bottom