Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not wishing to tempt fate with another 1/2 hour of the shift to go, but today loks like it's going to be the first dry round trip of the week...

Edited to add while relaxing with a post work beer: :wahhey: no :rain: today.

Last edited:
Ride into work tonight was strangely melancholic, dark wet and cold, streetlights reflecting from the black shiny tarmac and the smell of burning wood and coal in the air. Ride home after a nightshift was headwind all the way.

Sixmile

Veteran
After dropping the kids to school and a visit to the dentist I'd a 10 mile commute on the fat bike, with the majority of the ride flat or downhill. The ride back up is going to be fun later!

Johnno260

Veteran
Well the bikes now being left at my desk so I can keep an eye on it, I told the office manager what had happened and said if you have issue with it being there tough.

I wont get an admission of guilt from who I think it is, if I catch someone touching the bike when I'm away from my desk I will kick off.

I have been putting the webcam on record when I leave my desk as the bikes in front of it.

Back on topic, it was great gliding past all the traffic again this morning, this partial commute by bike is really making a nice difference.

Reactions: C R

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I sent one a colourful text, come Monday morning I’m going to have a strong word.

I only discovered the issue when I needed to brake on my way home going downhill.

I would be heading straight to HR and having a very strong word that could have been nasty

The above makes my morning commute where i got caught in a 5 minute downpour look trivial

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Back on the Heinz 57 SS commuter today after fitting a new rear wheel. It does not half feel heavier compared to the Boardman Fixie !
Here it is next to my two lovely Donkey’s at work
3423FE2F-AD79-40B5-AA74-96614197D579.jpeg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well the bikes now being left at my desk so I can keep an eye on it, I told the office manager what had happened and said if you have issue with it being there tough.

I wont get an admission of guilt from who I think it is, if I catch someone touching the bike when I'm away from my desk I will kick off.

I have been putting the webcam on record when I leave my desk as the bikes in front of it.

Back on topic, it was great gliding past all the traffic again this morning, this partial commute by bike is really making a nice difference.

Get yourself some lockable QR levers
Like this
345964?$cr_main$.jpg

Top Bottom