Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Yeah, cold frosty here too this morning but enjoyed it nonetheless. Coming home was interesting and I noticed immediately the traffic was heavier than normal for what reason, I don't know. Lots of opportunities for filtering and leaving them stranded as I worked my way through different obstacles with one in particular bringing maximum satisfaction as she tried to deliver multiple punishment passes as every time she did, she got caught in another que of cars as I sailed past until eventually I gave her the slip entirely as she got stuck behind a tractor and trailer.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
All gone mad today on the first icy roads of the season.
1 driver who hadn't cleared windscreen or windows driving round busy backroads with children on bikes and school run cars
1 driver overtaking just before a blind bend - around which a van had just come
1 driver no lights on the rear on the way home in the dark

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
59DF8194-0162-4FB0-9D31-2EE128F1F4A4.jpeg
It doesn’t get any better than this does it ? Stunning sunrise and I am going to exceed not only my yearly target but the most miles I have ridden in one year which is a big achievement for me. Have a good day everyone

C R

Guru
View attachment 440027 It doesn’t get any better than this does it ? Stunning sunrise and I am going to exceed not only my yearly target but the most miles I have ridden in one year which is a big achievement for me. Have a good day everyone
That's a beautiful sunrise. It is rather grey and miserable here, not particularly encouraging, but I still pushed myself to take the bike, and was a nice ride, no muppets on the road and got to work well awake.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
It was very grey today, but the BMW was white, the pass was intolerably close but I refrained from turning the air blue. I have ridden all five days this week and had reportable bad driving experiences on the past three. Things are getting worse.

Sixmile

Veteran
I'd a wet start which made the thought of turning back and getting into the car, enter my head. Then in good old fashioned mastermind style 'I've started so I'll finish'. Twenty minutes later, my climbing was all done and the rain had eased significantly for the remaining 7 mile roll through the traffic. I did notice how many drivers speed up to the stop/give way lines from the side roads. Not great when you're passing as you can't trust the beggars to actually take the time to look before flooring it.

1 driver no lights on the rear on the way home in the dark

Yip, always guaranteed to see someone driving with no lights on, or just sidelights/DRL's in the pitch dark.

Top Bottom