Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Well yesterday's was a belter 2 minutes from home hit a branch tried to correct come off sideways, left leg first broken tibia and fibula and something broke in the kneecap. May give the bike a miss today .
In good hands operation tomorrow(Fri) maybe home for Christmas not the present I wanted really ho! ho! ho!
How did you get the last few yards home? Hop with your bike on your shoulder?
GWS, though an injury like that will take a while to heal!!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
With only a few commutes recently, due to stuff (and occasional laziness..and late finished expected due to Christmas business) I rode in yesterday on my usual 12.5 mile lunchtime route. I like riding in on Thursdays as it's roast beef day in our canteen.
Meal Deal is beef, Yorkshire Pud, veg and a tea for £1.70 :hungry:

Finished work at 00:45, just as the rain started.It was hammering down & I got absolutely soaked. The waterproofs were fine, but the rain was running in the neck-hole and out of my trouser legs by the time I got home 50 minutes later!
Still, skin's waterproof, eh :tongue: At least the rain was warmish.

Two more shifts till Santa, so I might ride in on Sunday.

Sixmile

Veteran
One new years eve 2017 resolution complete! Today's ride in means that I've cycled more to work than driven this month. All other months were the same. The highest percentage of cycle commutes was 92% of journeys in May. The lowest looks to be this month at 53%.

Next resolution to hunt now is the mileage one. I aimed to beat last years total of 5011 miles. Currently sitting on 4980 with no commutes left so I'm going to have to do something I never do in December, go for a leisurely ride or two!

Sixmile

Veteran
I just remembered amongst all the NYE resolutions that I'd a minor altercation this morning.

I was approaching a roundabout that I ride through every day. I approach on the lane allowing to go forward or right.
car1.jpg

The car that is now alongside me, is in the left turn lane. No problem, until Mr VW decides that you can go on straight from the left turn and squeezes me into the middle of the straight ahead exit. You can just catch his tail end here.
car2.jpg

He glares out the window as if I should be happy about it. I tell him he was in the left turn lane to which he puts down the window, points at me a bit and tell me that 'no, you're in the wrong, you can only turn right'. I suggest that we go back and look at it, to which he drives away off on his merry way. Least it'll make him look next time he's at that junction.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Well yesterday's was a belter 2 minutes from home hit a branch tried to correct come off sideways, left leg first broken tibia and fibula and something broke in the kneecap. May give the bike a miss today .
In good hands operation tomorrow(Fri) maybe home for Christmas not the present I wanted really ho! ho! ho!
Ouch!! :ohmy:

I hope the operation has gone smoothly and you'll heal quickly.:thumbsup:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Aweful ride home ! P fairy managed to sneak a shard of glass past the green puncture proof lining on my new Schwalbes on the normally wonderful cycle route I use. Bike was full of crud, it was raining and I forgot my protective gloves ! Tube changed but pump is definitely on its last legs so only put enough pressure to limp home, it really makes you think why did I not drive in this morning !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
This morning, 06:40 passing the local butcher's shop and there's already three customers inside being served!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Even on Christmas Eve... got a nasty surprise from this cheeky waste haulier passing too close this morning.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas.

Andersons.jpg

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom