Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, but bad luck comes in threes :whistle:
Yes I was right, always in threes! Left crank arm fell off on the way home today. Fingers crossed I've got 1k of trouble free riding ahead of me now...

I did notice on Saturday when repairing the flat there was a 3mm gap between the BB and crank arm, but I forgot all about it after DW called me in from the garage. It must have been working it's way loose. I lost the end cap somewhere between then and this evening, luckily the hollowtech II plastic crank end caps are interchangeable and I had an old one lying around I could use.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Jeezo, that was bad like.

If my cameras had picked up the reg, I would have reported it. It certainly looked close, and the rider swerved to avoid a collision. I have had a few close encounters of the twerp kind at that junction, with cars nosing out or left hooking.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Amazing sunrise this morning and the trails are ice free.... the snow did not bother me !
8812B376-44FF-46E1-B910-600719C05D2B.jpeg
8F92F586-4A90-40DA-A29F-9402AE48CDB8.jpeg
FFA33943-D7F6-41BA-B0BA-5953B05E39E7.jpeg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Great start to the day, go into the garage and the ice bike has a rear flat. Decide not to find the offender (suspected a stud had come through the tyre) so whipped off the tyre and put a new one on. Pumped it up and off I go.

Get round the corner and the back wheel locks up. Tyre had come off the rim and jammed against the frame. Carry the bike home, let the tyre down and refit it.

Set off again, get a few hundred yards, something doesn't feel right, get off give the tyre a squeeze, nope it's inflated okay, give the tyre a push and the whole wheel wobbles. Tighten the quick release properly and back on my way :rolleyes:

No further dramas for the rest of the trip.

Got home, hung up the ice bike, got the normal commuter ready for an ice free day tomorrow. Found the offending stud on the original tyre, so that will now be kept as a spare (the tyre not the stud)

Mondays I don’t mind as legs fresh
Tuesday not my favourite, it’s a strange day
Wednesday is half way which is always good
Thursday is , well only one day left
Friday is , lie in tomorrow and no cycling day

I go through the same thought process every week

Lol

Top Bottom