Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last night... was exasperating! Punctured rear on way home last night, that's what I get for riding summer tyres in the winter. I wasn't going to attempt to replace the tube in -3C so called the calvary (wife) turned up with the car. Only she turned up with a full boot and a child on the backseat, so no chance of squeezing the bike in, even with the wheels off. Que lots of head scratching and feelings of mild annoyance that she hadn't thought that far ahead. Had to hang around in a bus shelter until she got home, unloaded and returned for me! Wife is still a hero. Love her dearly. The numpty!

beany_bot

Veteran
Last night... was exasperating! Punctured rear on way home last night, that's what I get for riding summer tyres in the winter. I wasn't going to attempt to replace the tube in -3C so called the calvary (wife) turned up with the car. Only she turned up with a full boot and a child on the backseat, so no chance of squeezing the bike in, even with the wheels off. Que lots of head scratching and feelings of mild annoyance that she hadn't thought that far ahead. Had to hang around in a bus shelter until she got home, unloaded and returned for me! Wife is still a hero. Love her dearly. The numpty!
more issues for you!
Your luck will change soon I am sure of it.

C R

Guru
Idiot. People are just in such a rush these days. It's bad news. It takes literally 60 seconds to sweep the roof and bonnet and clear the windows, lights and regy. 2 mins MAX. Are lives really that cheap that it's not worth 120 seconds of your time?

I think it was @Drago in another thread that suggested people driving with the car like that should have their car crushed and be charged for the privilege.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
@Arjimlad nice silicone cover for your Wahoo, where did you get it from? Is it the Elemnt Bolt?

Yes, I ordered it off Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H3NCNHK/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_U_x_k.gvCbTYDZAEH

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Good man... Ordered one in black... Bargain price... :okay:

I was suckered into ordering the black & yellow Bolt for full price by my own vanity. Could've had the plain black one at a discount. My best bike is black & yellow.
Then I found out you could get a yellow cover. Dumbass.

beany_bot

Veteran
On the way home. Stunning. Im lucky to have such an excellent tow path for 80% of my route.
51105793-10156726498730240-7584236650675306496-o.jpg

overmind

My other bike is a Pinarello
So glad that is over
I have been doing the early shift which means up at 5.20

But at least the roads were clear of traffic but still just so cold

Can’t wait to go to bed with my hot water bottle!

Well done everyone another week closer to summer!

Yes, my vitamin D supplies are at rock bottom right now. I do not mind the cold so much as the dark. I am really looking forward to the spring.

Top Bottom