Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Down to -7 according to Garmin this morning. Kept to the main road so ice free for the whole route.

Prize of the week goes to the Citroen driver following me on the left lane on a short stretch of dual carriageway. This lane turns into a left turn only so I'm looking behind to get into the right lane. Citroen - check, indicating left. I stick my arm out and check behind again. Citroen is still there so start to edge out. Just as I'm getting into the right lane, guess who turns up on my right? Yep Mrs Haven't a clue in the Citroen. Yes she did pass me as I pulled back into the left lane, and then cut back into the left lane to turn left. It wasn't that close, but Why why why?!?! I was getting out of your way!

... and relax.

Tomorrow looks snowy though ^_^
Oh, c'mon be reasonable, you wouldn't expect such an important person to wait behind you, would you?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Numpty Mercedes MGIF on the way home - pulled out around me into the path of an oncoming van.

I'm not sure how a head on was avoided. The video is rather poor though, I think the camera was misted up in the cold somewhat. Also - might be a colleague's car so will check in the morning.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Still no snow here, what came disappeared in a few hours.
Lots of ice, no problems with the studded tyres.
I am trying to keep to the roads instead of the cycle paths, because of the multiple stopping and starting on those: as long as I don't have to put a foot down the ice bike stays upright ^_^
A van tonight must have passed the lights on red, because mine were well on green when I went through, the van was right behind me before I could get in lane, coming from the other side of the junction.
Meh, at least he slowed to let me go left.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Riding home i went to overtake a cyclist at a pinch point with bollards in the centre when a car decided to try and take us both out. I clattered up against the car door, managed to keep my balance but was nudged into the other rider. Almost both off.

The driver sped off.

Caught up at the lights and the driver's excuse? "I thought i'd hit a pothole, that's all. I didn't see you." Actually kept my cool and just told her to forget about it and rode on. What's the point?

These are the frustrating near-misses at least once a week.

Spartak