Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Garmin got down to -9, a tad bracing, 27mile commute. Wonderful sky, Venus the Moon and Jupiter all in close proximity and really bright. Roads and busway not too bad, glad I was on studded tyres, certainly lowers the mental fatigue.

That's a decent distance!
I had the option of shortening the ride to 6 miles this morning but as 2 pairs of socks and 2 pairs of gloves were keeping my extremities warm enough decided to do the usual ten mile route. Gorgeous scenery and also glad of the studded tyres on untreated lanes. There was sheet ice in places where a spring runs down the road.
IMG_20190131_131347_239.jpg
IMG_20190131_131347_238.jpg

Last edited:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
A rather cautious ride in this morning with a couple of stretches of road where surface ice was clearly visible. Was thinking everything was ok and had avoided any major issues as I got to Macclesfield only to have an attempted side swipe by a private hire Prius who did a smidsy pulling onto the main road. I may have inadvertently verbally abused him as the red mist descended and I rode past him:angry:. Felt somewhat better when I received a badge from Garmin for a sub zero commute. :cold:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
With minus 4 first thing this morning too cold for commuting in but have ridden back this afternoon still a fair bit of frost around on the roads

straas

Matt
Early dart to work from home this afternoon, didn't fancy racing home and back to work in this weather to let the dog out (especially on 56mm knobblies at 20psi)

Nice to be on the bike whilst there's daylight!

aferris2

Guru
Down to -7 according to Garmin this morning. Kept to the main road so ice free for the whole route.

Prize of the week goes to the Citroen driver following me on the left lane on a short stretch of dual carriageway. This lane turns into a left turn only so I'm looking behind to get into the right lane. Citroen - check, indicating left. I stick my arm out and check behind again. Citroen is still there so start to edge out. Just as I'm getting into the right lane, guess who turns up on my right? Yep Mrs Haven't a clue in the Citroen. Yes she did pass me as I pulled back into the left lane, and then cut back into the left lane to turn left. It wasn't that close, but Why why why?!?! I was getting out of your way!

... and relax.

Tomorrow looks snowy though ^_^

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Down to -7 according to Garmin this morning. Kept to the main road so ice free for the whole route.

Prize of the week goes to the Citroen driver following me on the left lane on a short stretch of dual carriageway. This lane turns into a left turn only so I'm looking behind to get into the right lane. Citroen - check, indicating left. I stick my arm out and check behind again. Citroen is still there so start to edge out. Just as I'm getting into the right lane, guess who turns up on my right? Yep Mrs Haven't a clue in the Citroen. Yes she did pass me as I pulled back into the left lane, and then cut back into the left lane to turn left. It wasn't that close, but Why why why?!?! I was getting out of your way!

... and relax.

Tomorrow looks snowy though ^_^
They live and breed amongst us !

Top Bottom