Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beany_bot

Veteran
Lots of extra cars on the road yesterday and today. I guess it's that people don't trust the train when there is the slightest frost on the ground. Don't blame them (trains here are AWFUL and constantly delayed/cancelled in anything but perfect summer weather).
Not very enjoable having 40% more cars on the road though. less experienced drivers at that.

straas

Matt
Snow was brilliant, bits compacted by cars less so.....

Got the mountain bike out this morning, so might try the off road route on the way home tonight.

Leaway2

Lycrist
20190130_084246.jpg

Well that was a workout. A good 2" of snow. Granny ring all the way. Passing cars with wheels spinning for an hour. 6.6 mi/hr average. I did stop twice to push cars out of the snow though :angel:

KneesUp

Guru
There is very, very little snow here - and on the main the very light icing sugar dusting has totally disappeared.

I have installed Strava on my phone this year, largely to keep my own record of how far I cycle - it's all private but I am beginning to get competitive with myself.

This morning was an ideal combination of light luggage (just one pannier today), still air, relatively little traffic and traffic-light luck so I was certain that I'd got a PB on at least two segments.

Got to work - I hadn't started it tracking.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No snow at all in Londinium Town.
We had a smattering last night but that had all disappeared by this morning, though it was a little icy in places. But nothing to really worry about.
Damn chilly but nice and sunny shiney blue sky morning,

mangid

Guru
Bit of snow South of Cambridge, so icy rutting on the road, Schwalbe snow tyres so not as exciting as it would be on the fixie with road tyres. Did miss leg braking though.

subaqua

What’s the point
No snow at all in Londinium Town.
We had a smattering last night but that had all disappeared by this morning, though it was a little icy in places. But nothing to really worry about.
Damn chilly but nice and sunny shiney blue sky morning,

Yeah not much snow at all. But the resultant big freeze meant Olympic Park paths and roads were horrendous.

Managed to slide off less than 25 metres from work . Slight rip on the less than 4 week old wind/waterproof jacket . Aw well pikey repairs tonight ..

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Hardly any snow. Starting to feel better- still dark when I leave and get back but it's pretty light at the end of the journey in and at the start of the journey home.

Top Bottom