Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beany_bot

Veteran
Hardly any snow. Starting to feel better- still dark when I leave and get back but it's pretty light at the end of the journey in and at the start of the journey home.
Yeah it's definitely getting better! Im still dark in the morning but light on the way home now which is a joy. I worked out by Feb 22nd I'll be light enough both ways to only need my flashy lights. (I run them all year all conditions).

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had a bit of time this morning to take the back roads to Bradley Stoke from Thornbury, so I turned a five mile straight ride down the A38 into a twelve mile bimble along icy lanes with newborn lambs, sunshine, frozen roadside streams and a couple of minor climbs. Arrived at work in a very good frame of mind.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well I had a ball today ! Guided busway and NCN55 were wonderful even on none studded tyres
D13710A0-2AC2-4F14-918B-1A57CC1CD4F1.jpeg
6AD4483D-2C23-43FD-8421-B8F715CCF538.jpeg

aferris2

Guru
Thought I would be able to use the normal route in to work today. Got to the edge of the village and quickly changed my mind. Horrible rutted ice doesn't mix well with Duranos so turned round and took the main road. Can't believe how well behaved everyone was.
Looks like it will be the same route tomorrow as I tried the country route back home this afternoon. Not nice! Met Office forecasting -5 and fog for the morning.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The rain last night was followed by a thin layer of snow resulting in icy back roads and residential streets, so I stuck (mostly) to the well gritted but damp main roads this morning. Coming home this afternoon, there were still some patches which had been in the shade all day and were sheet ice - some children were using one of them as a slide after school!

Every where else seemed to be drying off which I'm hoping is good news for tomorrow morning as it was already below freezing at 5pm

beany_bot

Veteran
-4.5 this morning! Coldest yet. Put an extra layer on and went for it. Was fine really except my goolies were very cold! Will have to reassess that part if its the same tomorrow. Roads were actually fine. Well gritted I assume.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
-6°C according to the temperature sensor in my back garden this morning! The worst problem was getting the bike out of the Asgard shed - the lock was fine, but the metal rods had frozen into the ice formed in the securing points.
Main roads were absolutely fine and well gritted so top marks to Suffolk County Council so far.

Top Bottom