Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
No ride this morning and collecting 'The Good Bike' from the shop today. Looking forward to my first commute with gears since November!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Flew into work this morning hardly any wind , lunch time commute was hard against the wind in places as was coming back .

Don't think i will be commuting every day this week if the winds forecast actually turn up

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Rain not too bad when I left home, but that all changed about five miles in, to heavy :rain: Luckily the time I travel means there are relatively few vehicles and this morning the traffic seemed lighter, so I was sometimes able to ride more in the middle of the lane to (mostly) avoid the worst of the flooding on the roads.
Currently have every item worn on the ride either draped over a radiator or in a newly painted drying room. The carpet around my chair is covered with wet marks from my clothing and I am hoping a colleague's diary is up to date and he isn't in as I inadvertently put my rucksack on a his chair. It looks like he has a bladder incontinence problem.:rolleyes::laugh:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I planned to drive but the forecast said that the rain wouldn't start until I was halfway into work, which was accurate.

Just a trifle damp !

KneesUp

Guru
I'd say that's in the top 5 wet commutes of all time.

Put dog poo bags over my socks - didn't work.
All the dog poo bag trees around here always seem to have ripe fruit, so I can never get hold of empty ones. As they apparently don't work anyway, I shan't bother!

I missed the rain fortunately, and it was quite a chilled commute in the end - because it was so windy I just took it nice and steady and went the back-roads way, so I arrived free from road spray. I don't think I'm going to miss the rain on the way home though.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Too windy for me to be allowed the garage keys for this mornings commute managed to find the shed code for the afternoon commute though , was hoping for a few miles tonight but don't like the look of the forecast

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Cack cycle paint makes drivers think they don't need to give cyclists a wide berth :sad:
In January 2018, the council said they would be doing away with this menace.
HGV.jpg

Top Bottom