Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lovely ride to Rotherham...well...as lovely as Rotherham can be. It was dry which was a bonus.
Except for the last half mile on the way home where I was forced off the cycle path into oncoming traffic on a one-way, almost his by a car reversing into a main road then about 3" from being doored by a car parked blocking another cycle path through a vehicle cul-de-sac

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Close pass by some lunatic in South Queensferry other than that very very wet :ohmy:

dhd.evans

Veteran
Sometimes a driver does everything right only to have one moment of distraction that undoes all the good faith.

Bus gave me a ton of room today, slowed up whilst i climbed a hill, gave me so much room at all times. Got to a roundabout mid-hill and he moved into the inside lane, i moved to the outside. Proceeds to then cut across the roundabout into the outside lane just about taking me out.

When i caught up at the lights down the road i said thanks for the first part, that was really good driving and a credit to him and his company, but the roundabout shenanigans were dire. He apologised, thanked me for the compliment and said he'd keep a watch next time.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Nope
FP63 NZO.png

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Start 4 x night shifts tonight and looking out of the window now I am thinking it might be 4 nights of DRIVING! :eek:

I'm a long way from being a fair weather cyclist but really can't get any excitement about going out in this.

Sunday night, the last one, looks like the most extreme...
upload_2019-3-7_13-48-37.png

Help me out folks, I know it won't be too bad once I am riding but right this minute not sure I can be bothered :sad:

icowden

Veteran
That's BBC light rain. I always think that sun / cloud / rain icon means "we just don't know".
I use DarkSky (Android app) which gives a hyperlocal forecast for the next hour and general forecast for the day / week. It's generally pretty good. Costs £3 a year.

I have had enough of this weather and it’s only March!

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Light rain on the way home, but being blown on a really strong & gusty wind made it feel much heavier. Still enough daylight to see the rainbow lines of oil/diesel on a nasty, wet roundabout so avoiding action could be taken. Also a tree had been blown down blocking part of Ferry Road, but it was easy to walk round using the neighbouring field.

straas

Matt
Had to wash the bike when I got in last night. Sustrans are doing work on the fallowfield loop and there's so much muck on it - I think I took about 10 kilos off the bike....

In other news, the hozelock Pico reel is brilliant.

Top Bottom