Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Sometimes you just learn to live with idiocy:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Really feeling the love for the cycle commute at the moment (along with every man and his dog it would seem).

Last nights ride was accompanied very appropriately by the following tunes....

Life just seems good when the sun is shining and I am riding in shorts and a short sleeved top, even if I am heading to work for a 12hr night shift :becool:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Bbbbrrrrr... nice sunny morning for the commute but back to being a tad chilly.
I put a new chain and cassette on the bike at the weekend and it's skipping on the inner chainset ring.. so need to get a new one I suppose.

dhd.evans

Veteran
TBH you should have known what you were going to get from the way he was parked at the lights. I'm not saying it makes him any less wrong but all the warning signs were there.... As you say, sigh and carry on, we all know who was badly at fault :okay:

Aye, i should have read it like a book!

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
Cycling out of the estate at 4.15 this morning and saw what I thought was a pile of clothes in the road, as I got closer I realised it was a woman in the road and seemed unconscious. Stopped, spoke but got no reply. Rang 999 the responder asked is she breathing but I couldn’t tell as her hair was over her face. Tried to turn her on to her back and she started groaning so at least she was alive. She said she was cold, looked like she had been there for a while and it was freezing this morning. 5 minutes later the ambulance turned up and they managed to get her to sit up. No idea what had happened but she didn’t look in a good way. They said thanks for ringing and waiting and sent me on my way.
Not what you expect to see at that time in the morning

rugby bloke

Veteran
Cycling out of the estate at 4.15 this morning and saw what I thought was a pile of clothes in the road, as I got closer I realised it was a woman in the road and seemed unconscious. Stopped, spoke but got no reply. Rang 999 the responder asked is she breathing but I couldn’t tell as her hair was over her face. Tried to turn her on to her back and she started groaning so at least she was alive. She said she was cold, looked like she had been there for a while and it was freezing this morning. 5 minutes later the ambulance turned up and they managed to get her to sit up. No idea what had happened but she didn’t look in a good way. They said thanks for ringing and waiting and sent me on my way.

Well done, Lucky that you were passing and you cared enough to stop and help otherwise it may have ended very badly for the lady.

C R

Guru
An unsettling start to the day. She was lucky you found her.

Lucky lady, well done you.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Another good commute in today. Took a longer and hillier route this morning to avoid the traffic but was feeling good so had a quicker average speed. Starting to find out how quick you can get around London on a half decent bike - 9 minutes from St Pancras to St Pauls, very happy with that. The downside - you do tend to get frustrated by red lights !

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Any doubts over whether to bother reporting a close pass this morning were resolved in favour of doing so, upon learning that the vehicle has no current MOT. Otherwise I enjoyed a beautiful 18-mile country route to work (albeit a trifle plagued in places by roadworks and school-run SUV types)

T23 ARF.jpg

Top Bottom