Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The weekend mucking about with clocks has returned my morning commute to "Hello darkness my old friend." At least for the next couple of weeks or so.

What time you leave @Bazzer ?
I'm a 7.30am'er so the out and return are both in the light now... the lights were taken off the bike yesterday.

rugby bloke

Veteran
What time you leave @Bazzer ?
I'm a 7.30am'er so the out and return are both in the light now... the lights were taken off the bike yesterday.
I was out of the house at 6am. I was expecting it to be completely dark but even at that time there was an amount of background light. I would say by 6.15 it was bright enough to not need lights to see, only to be seen. I reached the station at 6.40, by which time it was fully daylight.

Penning my complaint. Awful driving and attitude from a council SEN school bus

Failed overtake on the approach to a roundabout (not enough room to complete before having to stop, stradding lanes as I was in primary)
Drove me out of primary by force and into the kerb Yes, I banged on the side, being pushed into the kerb. Stopped, then accellerated after me, swerved in so I had to mount the pavement to avoid front end, then gave chase and tried to run me off the road a third time, shouting about how he was in front.

First incident, poor spatial awareness, yes HE was in front of ME at the stop line but his rear wheel was not in front of my front wheel! But I'd have let that go but to use the bus to force me off the road two more times deliberately he needs retiring for the sake of other road users and passengers who will suffer when his blood pressure pops a heart valve as he rages around.

schoolbus.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What an arse. Hopefully he gets taken off the road.

Doubtful, although council seem to respond with a retraining from past expereience with a council bus close passing on tram tracks.

After all that look where it got him at the next junction....

LucretiaMyReflection

Über Member
Yesterday's commute. Morning colder than expected thus had frozen feet.
Afternoon, nice and sunny. Emergency stop near to home.
Idiot driver pulled out just in front of me, luckily I'd anticipated her lack of attention and emergency braked so stopped just short of her left rear bumper. Was so cross I gave chase and she stopped about a mile up the road. I've always said I wouldn't do it
She had no idea what had happened, just that she'd heard someone shouting; so I explained I'd just avoided hitting her car because she'd pulled out in front of me. She was polite and apologised but hadn't seen me, so I suggested she needs to pay far more attention in future otherwise she's going to have a cyclist on her bonnet. More apologies from her.
Subsequently hamstring has been playing up, probably due to above. :rolleyes:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Penning my complaint. Awful driving and attitude from a council SEN school bus

Failed overtake on the approach to a roundabout (not enough room to complete before having to stop, stradding lanes as I was in primary)
Drove me out of primary by force and into the kerb Yes, I banged on the side, being pushed into the kerb. Stopped, then accellerated after me, swerved in so I had to mount the pavement to avoid front end, then gave chase and tried to run me off the road a third time, shouting about how he was in front.

First incident, poor spatial awareness, yes HE was in front of ME at the stop line but his rear wheel was not in front of my front wheel! But I'd have let that go but to use the bus to force me off the road two more times deliberately he needs retiring for the sake of other road users and passengers who will suffer when his blood pressure pops a heart valve as he rages around.

View attachment 460557

Report the driver to the police too.

rugby bloke

Veteran
After impressing myself by getting out of the house a couple of minutes early I got half way down my drive when I realized that I did not have my rucksack on my back ... back into the house to find that my ruck sack did not contain my clean shirt. Once all the general faffing was resolved I had a proper time trail to make sure i got to the station in time to catch my usual train. Was then depressed to find out that all my sweat and tears produced an average speed of 16 mph ,,, can I use the excuse that there are a couple of lumpy bits on the route ?
Happy to report that I only came across sensible drivers on both the Northamptonshire and London legs of the ride. A touch on the parky side at 6 am though, roll on summer.

aferris2

Guru
Had nearly everything on my commute today.
Morning: Frost, left hook into a driveway (said she didn't see me even though I had been right in front of her and she had to move into the oncoming lane to pass)
Afternoon: Headwind, rain, sun, SMIDSYIWOTP (...I Was On The Phone) which meant he didn't notice that there was still stationary traffic where he was heading to.
But it was my last ever commuting day on the bike. Will need to drive in for my last day tomorrow because I have a cake to share.
044.jpg
Then it will be time to join the retirement thread

Top Bottom