Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Had nearly everything on my commute today.
Morning: Frost, left hook into a driveway (said she didn't see me even though I had been right in front of her and she had to move into the oncoming lane to pass)
Afternoon: Headwind, rain, sun, SMIDSYIWOTP (...I Was On The Phone) which meant he didn't notice that there was still stationary traffic where he was heading to.
But it was my last ever commuting day on the bike. Will need to drive in for my last day tomorrow because I have a cake to share.
View attachment 460789
Then it will be time to join the retirement thread
Enjoy your cake, and your retirement. :thumbsup:

IMG-20190405-WA0000.jpg

Sorry for wonky orientation, my first day on my new bike :smile:

Here she is keeping my toes warm!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
First commute for a while. Usual 12.5 there, at lunchtime. No issues, no numpties to report.

I finished early, 22.30, so decided to take the long way home using a RWGPS route I'd created..
63 miles later, I was home :laugh:
That covers my April Fondo, and gives me some miles.
It was a bit chilly, and I was glad of the spare socks I had in my backpack.
Also happy to see the 24 hour Maccy D's for a hot chocolate at 03.00.
Longest commute ever, for me!

:smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
First commute for a while. Usual 12.5 there, at lunchtime. No issues, no numpties to report.

I finished early, 22.30, so decided to take the long way home using a RWGPS route I'd created..
63 miles later, I was home :laugh:
That covers my April Fondo, and gives me some miles.
It was a bit chilly, and I was glad of the spare socks I had in my backpack.
Also happy to see the 24 hour Maccy D's for a hot chocolate at 03.00.
Longest commute ever, for me!

:smile:

Talk about scenic route covering 63 instead of 12

rugby bloke

Veteran
Pretty foggy in Northants, but otherwise unremarkable. Damp, almost autumnal in London, the ironwork in the road seemed especially slippy. This would seem to be a disadvantage of being on a road bike rather than a Boris Bike. After a couple of big sideways moments I learnt to back off a bit and choose my line better !

Last edited:

rugby bloke

Veteran
First commute of the year in shorts!
Welcome back !

straas

Matt
Sunglasses today.....

Got a bike fit on my nice bike, so the commuter has started feeling mismatched now, will have to see if I can replicate the position.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Well the cycling gods were smiling on me on the way home tonight. Sunshine, an Easterly (rather than my usual Westerly) behind me for all but three miles, red lights on only 1/5th of the lights I have to cross and no dickhead drivers. :becool:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Miserably cold and thick fog/mist for the early morning ride in, but replaced by warm sunshine and a light breeze for the return trip. The sunshine put me in such a good mood that I forgot to stop in town to get some shopping and had to do a U turn.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Great ride through London's late afternoon sunshine - an unprecedented run of green lights meant I got to St Pancras in 8 minutes, a new record. The weather hd taken a turn for the worst when I reached Welly making the Northants leg a little soggy.

Top Bottom