Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alba Zeus

Über Member
Had my first ever left hook yesterday. I can only assume the fud thought I was taking the first exit on the roundabout and thought he would just go round me and when I continued on to pass the exit he was already committed to going round me.

Was actually stunned!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Chilly and just about a frost on the commute in this morning , went the slightly longer route for the first time for about 3 weeks .

I was surprised when I looked out of the windy this morning and saw a layer of frost.
And funnily enough, I also took a longer route this morning :okay:

rugby bloke

Veteran
Chilly and just about a frost on the commute in this morning , went the slightly longer route for the first time for about 3 weeks .

It's amazing how some hgv drivers give cyclist's loads of room when other's don't but i guess whats new on that front
I'm finding that the HGV drivers, given their limited options, probaly try the hardest to be considerate. Some drivers of much smaller vehicles on the other hand ...

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thank goodness this week of commuting is over - mostly grey & cloudy, always cold & windy. To top it all I stopped to get some shopping on the way home, and couldn't find the key to my lock once I'd packed my backpack. Nothing in my pockets, emptied the bag & nothing found. Looked outof the supermarket window having resigned myself to a 2 mile walk home to get the spare key and saw...
Where not to leave a key.jpg
I'd hung it from the saddle while taking off my gloves and removing the Garmin and had just left it there. I blame tiredness.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Opted for shorts, but was glad I also chose winter gloves and a buff. Whilst the South Easterly made almost every mile harder, it was also biting in places and waiting at traffic lights was chilly. Quite looking forward to the journey home though, with a tailwind and some sunshine.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@Bazzer anything below 10° then it's longs or knee warmers. Look after yer knees.

A lovely commute this morning. Bright. blue, sunny morning. No school traffic to contend with which meant clear roads. Vehicle drivers behaving. A few traffic lights in my favour and meeting up with a fellow commuting chum to while away the SE London wastelands. Made for a very enjoyable commute indeed.

icowden

Veteran
I'm finding that the HGV drivers, given their limited options, probaly try the hardest to be considerate. Some drivers of much smaller vehicles on the other hand ...

Same here. I've found they also tend to be deeply appreciative of cyclists who wait for them to complete their difficult reversing maneuver rather than darting behind them / in front of them. My mantra is chillax.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Fugged about it. Tailwinds only exist in cycling fairyland.

I'll let you know if I manage to cross the border on the way home. ^_^

Edit. Whilst the wind could have been better placed, certainly for the most exposed part of my commute home, a young woman with a narrow waist, long tresses and overly twinkly eyes, was singing soprano, as I comfortably rode along at 21/22mph on the flat. So may be just a glimpse over the fence into fairyland.

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had my first ever left hook yesterday. I can only assume the fud thought I was taking the first exit on the roundabout and thought he would just go round me and when I continued on to pass the exit he was already committed to going round me.

Was actually stunned!!

Nasty.. hope you avoided a collision.

Top Bottom