Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
It always makes me chuckle when other riders don't acknowledge or even reply to me when out on my bike
I know, it's cycling, its meant to be fun ! By way of contrast a cyclist caught me up last night, we shared the road for a mile or so, had a good old chat and then went our separate ways. That's how I feel it should be.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Back home, now, from a 13 mile midnight commute.
Beautiful full moon to ride the country lanes by... Which is just as well, as my front light was faltering badly!
Not sure if it's the battery (I'm certain it was charged) or getting to the end of its life :sad:
I do carry a spare set of lights, but they're emergency jobbies only.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Went on a 37mi hilly ride with a local CC last night, second real training session for the Kinross Sportive next week, so no ride today.

I'm really sore :sad:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Lovely quiet commute, there and back, yesterday (and this morning). Full moon, really beautiful through the moonlit lanes from Isham to Sywell.
@biggs682 There is a new temporary bridge over the railway by Weetabix

DSC_0870.JPG

Accessing it is still a bit of a manoeuvre, though! Great fun in the dark, at midnight, as it's totally unlit :laugh:

Back home by 01.00.
Car today, as the warehouses are locked up, so no access to the bike shed and lockers at my finish time :sad:

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lovely quiet commute, there and back, yesterday (and this morning). Full moon, really beautiful through the moonlit lanes from Isham to Sywell.
@biggs682 There is a new temporary bridge over the railway by Weetabix

View attachment 463119

Accessing it is still a bit of a manoeuvre, though! Great fun in the dark, at midnight, as it's totally unlit :laugh:

Back home by 01.00.
Car today, as the warehouses are locked up, so no access to the bike shed and lockers aty finish time :sad:

Thanks @PeteXXX I did wonder as I was in Burton Latimer earlier

Grievesy

after the scorchio weather yesterday I turned the 4 mile commute into a 21 mile one on country roads. complete soul food.

Today was a bit different on the way in as commuting through town as it's quiet at 06.30. I had a slight altercation with a taxi driver who felt he could just abuse cyclists by shouting at them and get away with it. Yes, there was a reason I was using the middle of the road, the big f#@k off pot hole at the side of it. Did you need to over rev your engine, wheel spin and drive on the other side of the road to pass me aggressively only to get caught at the lights 50m on? no. fud. end of.

Have a nice day folks! bad weathers creeping back in from tomorrow, and I swear I heard the weatherman mention snow on the TV this morning.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Back to the nutty school moton traffic. Oh well. The last 2 school holiday weeks were bloody marvellous. Roll on the next school holidays.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Filtering this morning when SUV turns his wheel & blocks me off whilst I am alongside. Either deliberate, or done without checking mirrors. I can't decide.. I chose not to ask the driver.

Top Bottom