Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rivers

How far can I go?
Bit of a damp commute this morning, but no wind so not too bad. I was running late so took the more direct route into work. I hate the roads at rush hour

rugby bloke

Veteran
Excellent commute this morning. Its now pretty much light at 6 am, so the ride to the station was in the dawn light. No wind but a gentle mist hanging over the Nene valley. Very few cars out and about so nothing much to worry about. I did feel a bit short of energy and heavy legged so no records set, just cruised along nicely. Felt a bit more energised by the time I got to London so managed a quick blast through the city. Really enjoying being able to keep up with the traffic, albeit for just 2 miles ... not sure I would be able to manage it for much longer !

richardfm

Veteran
A typical exert from my ride home in Cardiff city centre, pedestrians who cross the road without looking (one even runs in front of me when he sees me), a taxi stopping in the cyclists' advances stop zone at the traffic lights, a poorly maintained road surface and then more pedestrians who cross without looking.

rugby bloke

Veteran
A typical exert from my ride home in Cardiff city centre, pedestrians who cross the road without looking (one even runs in front of me when he sees me), a taxi stopping in the cyclists' advances stop zone at the traffic lights, a poorly maintained road surface and then more pedestrians who cross without looking.

I won't like the post, is there empathy emoj ? The pedestrians walking across the world without checking really gets me, some cyclists are reckless and jump red lights but at least they tend to look before they do so.

rugby bloke

Veteran
An interesting commute yesterday evening. On the London leg a fellow cyclist complimented my bike - apparently it looks nice and is fast, so that's very much a first and most likely a last for me. On the Northants leg I had a close pass by a learner driver under instruction. I would hope that the instructor had a talk to her about the lack of anticipation - if she had lifted off for a couple of seconds the car coming towards us would have passed and she could have given me a decent berth. If the instructor was happy with the maneuver then we really are in trouble. Finally when approaching my home village I saw a group ride coming the other way. I offered up a cheery "good evening" and was completely blanked by every rider. I have never seen a more miserable bunch of riders, hay ho, each to their own I guess.

AndreaJ

Veteran
Another lovely morning, getting warmer here so first ride in shorts this year. Not much traffic again few cars, a lady on a horse, some ramblers and 2 cyclists- cheery good morning off all of them! ( not the cars obviously)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A absolutely gorgeous commute this morning. Such a lovely sun shiney day.. now just counting down the last few days of the school holidays and light traffic. Next week it will be back to the usual moton carnage.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
A misty start, with three drivers choosing to overtake blind and causing alarm to oncoming drivers emerging round bends all within two miles of road.

But the mist made for beautiful scenery and I made 160 new friends as they made their way to the milking parlour

Some hideous flytipping reported too
Nearly 15 miles into work today.
190417b.jpg
190417c.jpg
IMG_20190417_094549.jpg

Top Bottom