Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just looked it up, seems like a lot of bike for £350. How are you getting on with it? Is there any particular component that requires upgrading?

picked mine up 2nd hand Perils of buying 2nd hand and i think they make a lot of sense compared to other machines .

So far only covered just over 20 miles so early days but i do like it so far , makes a lot of sense for a wet weather / winter road bike as it has the guard eyes fr & rr

rugby bloke

Veteran
picked mine up 2nd hand Perils of buying 2nd hand and i think they make a lot of sense compared to other machines .

So far only covered just over 20 miles so early days but i do like it so far , makes a lot of sense for a wet weather / winter road bike as it has the guard eyes fr & rr
I will follow your progress with interest - this is exactly the sort of bike I am looking for to use as a winter bike. Although as I don't have your fettling skills I would want tone that does not need any serious work.

StickyPTFE

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaLd8BX9z_E

??
(this was yesterday and time date stamp is wrong for some reason it changed itself)

Who's wrong or is anyone in the wrong?

I am not familiar with that junction, however, it looks like you entered first therefore the bus should have given way. But remember, a lot of people who had the right of way are now dead. I would have done the same as you, hop up the pavement and out of harms way.

rugby bloke

Veteran

??
(this was yesterday and time date stamp is wrong for some reason it changed itself)

To be honest the camera angle is not great - you cannot see much of the approach to the crossing so its difficult to get an overall feel for the build up. Having said that the bus certainly did a good job of squeezing you off the road.

Randombiker9

To be honest the camera angle is not great - you cannot see much of the approach to the crossing so its difficult to get an overall feel for the build up. Having said that the bus certainly did a good job of squeezing you off the road.
Really I changed the camera to my helmet mount

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

??

It's something over nothing. You both entered the road space at the same time. Some bus drivers will be bus drivers and think they own the road, the same as some car drivers. You can make a deal out of it or you can just continue on your way without it bothering you. The later is my choice usually.
You also have to be whiter then white when you are videoing the potential wrong in motor users. You cut the RAB. If that was a car what would you have said?
Camera angle is awful.

Reactions: C R

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I will follow your progress with interest - this is exactly the sort of bike I am looking for to use as a winter bike. Although as I don't have your fettling skills I would want tone that does not need any serious work.

If it goes well all week commuting i will be treating it to some open countryside miles at the weekend ^_^

rugby bloke

Veteran
A curious incident at the end of the London leg. I was waiting behind another cyclist at the lights at the Argyll Street / Euston Road junction. This has a cycle lane controlled by its wn light phasing. When the lights turned green for us a couple of pedestrians wandered across the road in front of us. The guy in front of me started and rode straight into them ... it cannot have been the case that he did not see them, he just seemed to be making a point in a very passive aggressive way. I waited for a couple of seconds and then rode around the general carnage.

Randombiker9

It's something over nothing. You both entered the road space at the same time. Some bus drivers will be bus drivers and think they own the road, the same as some car drivers. You can make a deal out of it or you can just continue on your way without it bothering you. The later is my choice usually.
You also have to be whiter then white when you are videoing the potential wrong in motor users. You cut the RAB. If that was a car what would you have said?
Camera angle is awful.
What do you mean by RAB
How is angle awful? This is from a change to my helmet mount.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Ridden along here over 611 times and nobody has ever tried to overtake me in a passing space before now.
Still, there's a first time for everything, I guess. Not sure whether to report this dangerous overtake which was only aborted after I stuck out my hand.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Well that was a ride of temperature contrasts. The city warm, the suburbs (just about) tolerably cool, but rural areas were as cold as many winter rides. Had it been a non commute ride, I would have returned home for a long sleeve base layer, long fingered gloves and a buff.

Randombiker9

Roundabout
You think it’s a roundabout I view it as a unmarked junction because there’s no road markings and there’s only two ways can technically go on roundbouts theirs ussually 4 exits

Also I don’t think I cut it out because all the cobblestones circle is there

Top Bottom