Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
My old Marin is now in full commuting guise with its newly fitted rear carrier .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
No bike Today as I refuse to go out in that freezing cold rain today, so drove in. However slightly better the rest of the week so will suffer :laugh:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
First commute in 13 days. Traffic was way busier than usually experienced on a morning commute.:sad:
On the positive side aside, I avoided the forecasted rain, by the skin of my teeth. 10 metres or so from turning into work car park, I felt a heavy rain drop. By the time I was at my desk, the rain was falling steadily.

GetFatty

Über Member
Despite approximately 33% of my cycling having taken place in the dark, I've decided I really don't like cycling in the dark. Don't know what it is about it particularly as my new commuting time of 5.30 means the roads are almost empty. Still we'll see.

The commute time also means I rarely see another cyclist. Perhaps we should have a get together of London cyclists who don't use the radial routes into the centre :smile:

AndyCh

Über Member
My old Marin is now in full commuting guise with its newly fitted rear carrier .

View attachment 491752
I wish I had kept my old Marin. What a brilliant workhorse that was as a commuter for about a dozen years. It did need pretty much every part of it replaced by the time I got rid of it, but I could have kept the frame! I've had better bikes since, but I don't think I've had one that I loved so much. Bit like old cars isn't it?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I wish I had kept my old Marin.

Had this since new and i have lost count of the mile's it has done
It always makes me smile ^_^

Mike_P

Guru
Think it was one degree this morning and discovered that the Regatta coat, see found a bargain thread, whilst zipping up well obviously does not with a helmet strap in the way :sad: so a buff is still needed.

Weather forecast was heavy rain, it never happened but I still stupidly donned my waterproof and sweated into work.
Through Dagenham I went past a lady I have seen before, she is fairly quick and I only gained 2 minutes over her over the next 5 miles. ( she then turned off).
When I looked at her on Strava flyby she got 2 QOMs yesterday, smashing a old QOM by a fair way. Someone then flagged her ride.
Looking at her ride I saw nothing wrong, she was fairly quick when compared to me and where she got her QOM with the biggest margin she was still 795th compared to men. Someone obviously did not like losing their little trophy.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The traffic was simply abysmal through the SE London wastelands this morning. Due to overnight rain the roads were very wet, filthy too. The bike's covered covered in road grime and muck, so's me.

Top Bottom