Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Must have been a bit tired on my way home tonight after today's 12hr shift. Got to the first mini-roundabout after leaving work and decided to have a little lie down.
Well, not quite as elegant and relaxing as it sounds. I must apologise to anyone that heard my exclamation of FFS! as I slid across the tarmac, watching my bike racing ahead of me. No real harm done except for a wrecked pair of pants and a few knocks and scrapes to the bike.

Anyway, journey completed with no further mistakes and brake levers to be straightened later.

Must have been a bit tired on my way home tonight after today's 12hr shift. Got to the first mini-roundabout after leaving work and decided to have a little lie down.
Well, not quite as elegant and relaxing as it sounds. I must apologise to anyone that heard my exclamation of FFS! as I slid across the tarmac, watching my bike racing ahead of me. No real harm done except for a wrecked pair of pants and a few knocks and scrapes to the bike.
View attachment 492554

View attachment 492555

Anyway, journey completed with no further mistakes and brake levers to be straightened later.
Ouch! Heal quickly!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
View attachment 492554

View attachment 492555

Ouch. Not nice.
What was the cause? Too quick? ice? Diesel?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not ice for sure and I don't think it was oil. The gritters had been out over the weekend so I think it was salt residue which can be slippy as hell. I just wasn't expecting it this early in the season... Lesson learned.

what ever it was Skolly, glad to see/hear you're not too beaten up.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Took it steady this morning on the mucky roads. I was saddened to find a very large ginger cat squashed in the middle of the road, which I laid on the verge. I was running short on time to conduct door-to-door enquiries as to its owner though:sad:.

Mike_P

Guru
Ouch, for some unexplained reason, leaf pulp?, the bike toppled over on the way home coming out of a bend and l less than gracefully cushioned partly its impact with the surface:sad: Despite being cushioned by shirt, jumper and thick coat (the joys of having an ebike) still managed to de-skin a bit of my right arm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom