Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Semi poorly ebike today, worked fine but display said 0.0mph and the battery indicator was on ultra low despite the battery being almost fully charged. Did suddenly on the way to work come up with the mph and battery level but steadfastly on 0 on the return. Got home powered it on and off a few times and it woke up. Managed to lose a glove at work yesterday and hoped someone would have found it but no:sad:

AndreaJ

Veteran
Met the local hunt on my way home this morning down a narrow country lane, I offered to wait while they got past but it wasn’t necessary.This took a while for a pack of foxhounds, 30+ horses and the people following in cars to squeeze past as I slowly carried on but almost everyone thanked me for waiting or apologised for holding me up. There were even 2 people on bikes.

I understand that dashed cycle lanes are utterly useless and that anyone can legally park in them, but this morning one particular motorist took the complete biscuit when they veered from the oncoming lane to park right in my path as I rode in the dashed cycle lane. Why not at least wait until I passed by?

Totally useless infra on Bierley Lane, Bradford which is a sustrans route (NCN66). How does this qualify this stuff still qualify as a national cycle network. Just look at this for instance. https://www.google.com/maps/@53.765...4!1suw6P1ROUF9necsIVc4IZ0A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 Once you leave spen valley greenway on the Bradford side is a bit naff in parts, although reasonably quiet for motor traffic. My biggest complaint at the moment is that I don't think BMDC bothers to sweep the leaves from Bowling park which makes it feel very hazardous in the dark/wet this time of year. Admittedly, I set off earlier than peak time, but I see virtually no other cyclists in the park which makes me wonder what route they are taking.

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow, that was bloody hard work this morning. Strong headwinds made for a tough old rife in. Ok, I also did a 100+ miler yesterday, half of it into brutal headwinds too. That's probably why my legs are complaining.
Can someone please turn off the wind turbines or turn them round into a magical tailwind for this evenings commute. Ta,

Reactions: C R

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have never seen anything on its side at this point on my commute before, although I have often thought "you're going a bit fast when there's a queue ahead around that bend!"

Guess I'll have to watch out for slippery fluids and broken glass later on. Heavy rain tomorrow should wash it all away.

rivers

How far can I go?
Blowing an absolute gale this morning when I took the dog put so opted for the bus into work. As I was waiting for the second bus, still as can be. Doh

Mike_P

Guru
Chicken today too - took the strange noisy polluting metal thing with windows and four wheels although the wind did seem to have calmed down, but I needed a set of walking boots for a work related exploit into the countryside; of the latter I was slightly concerned at one point as it appeared the local residents were all eager to exit their field exactly where I would be but slipping on the muddy down slope and my less than artistic rebalancing to keep my self upright plainly scared the sheep away. Double chicken tomorrow - working at home.

GetFatty

Über Member
Cold! Am hoping for a tailwind tonight but now have 4 days in the office :sad:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cold! Am hoping for a tailwind tonight but now have 4 days in the office :sad:

It's going to be a tough old commute home this evening. The winds are swirling around all over the place. It's now also raining and not looking like it's going to stop for a while either. Pretty grim out there.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Very wet and windy commute this morning.

Wind has dropped a bit, but the rain still heavy with more forecast for the rest of the week and beyond

A breezy ride in (headwind)

I had expected a slithery morning, as my car (parked by side-gate, on street side) was white over with frost at 22:00, but at 05:30, was merely damp
So, that was a small mercy!!
Left home at 06:30, so still dark, hnce the Boardman jacket was worn
No numb-nuts attempting over-takes in the usual location either!:eek:

Likewise, leaving @ 16:15, it was dark enough (with the rain clouds) to wear it again, so filtering the 400 yards down Bar Lane was fine:okay:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Commuted mostly by train today as I have manflu, so did just 4 miles in the wind and rain tonight.

But oh boy, I had one hell of a tailwind, felt like I was flying!

rivers

How far can I go?
Windy as hell on the way in and the way home. Why is there never a tailwind? Also got pelted with hail for a good 3 miles today. That wasn't in the forecast. However, I did come home to these bad boys today. Good bye cold hands in freezing temps
IMG-20191210-WA0000.jpeg

Top Bottom