Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I’m sorry everyone but no scenic shots tonight for your pleasure unless you like my moist ankle shot with a cyclists tan line of trail goop 🤢

C99BB6DB-233F-4251-B381-0B12A61543E2.jpeg

Mike_P

Guru
First cycled commute today since 7 Feb when the road bike broke it derauilleur hanger. New ebike on the duty today and dry this morning with the weather forecast seeming to indicate the same might be possible for the return but clearly by mid afternoon that was clearly no longer the case. Was slightly murky with the rain and tried to switch the fitted lights on, nothing. Display indicated low but adequate battery power with 2 bars showing. At home pressed the checker on the battery and a single bar struggled into life. So an almost flat battery after only 28 miles albeit with 1724 Strava feet of elevational gain . The ebikes app however gives far greater climbing figures i.e. a 452ft Strava record is 2231ft and has nearly 6200ft in total:wacko:

worst luck in the last 24 hours. Upon inspection my winter commuting bicycle 2013 Scott Sub 10 has a crack in the Frame where the top tube meets the down tube. Warranty is for 5 years, bike is almost 7 years old.

Using my Trek MTB today rear wheel did not feel entirely good. Pumped it up cleaned the rim to find a crack in the rim, formed on both sides of the spoke nipple.

worst luck in the last 24 hours. Upon inspection my winter commuting bicycle 2013 Scott Sub 10 has a crack in the Frame where the top tube meets the down tube. Warranty is for 5 years, bike is almost 7 years old.

Using my Trek MTB today rear wheel did not feel entirely good. Pumped it up cleaned the rim to find a crack in the rim, formed on both sides of the spoke nipple.
Expensive day...

GetFatty

Über Member
My reading glasses have been part of my repair kit for years now, real pain when they are not there .
I have reading glasses all over the place but not until now in my cycling kit. We have a policy at work that if you arrive before 7am on Monday you have to sign in. I have to ask the security guard to read my pass number to me :smile:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Good news: Summer kit was out today! Yay!!! :smile:
Bad news: Head wind all the way to work :sad:
Worse news: I've decided my reading glasses now need to form an integral part of my repair kit

Bought the vest out of retirement then?

Same too though.. very mild ride in this morning.
...Did see another cycle commuter who was dressed for arctic conditions. Boy he must have been boiling in there somewhere.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Bought the vest out of retirement then?

Same too though.. very mild ride in this morning.
...Did see another cycle commuter who was dressed for arctic conditions. Boy he must have been boiling in there somewhere.
I was dressed for arctic conditions myself..general kit for anything minus...dont know what I was thinking..just eased off and plodded along into the headwind..will break out the shorts tomorrow id say

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Watch out, this murderous twonk demonstrated to me how little space he thinks that he ought to leave for us.

By his driving and with his hands.
View attachment 486672

Last week I had a call to say I was wanted in court on this matter tomorrow !

The driver's pleaded not guilty to driving without due care & attention.

It should prove interesting. Morning off work, train to Bath for 0930.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I had to extend the commute with a trip to Ipswich this afternoon to collect my car having been serviced & MOT'd. Thanks to it being mostly westwards, I took the longer way there due to better hedgerow coverage providing a bit of shelter from the strongest of the afternoon wind. It was still bloody hard work.

Early spring means strange weather here. Mornings rides at -16C with afternoon rides close to Zero.
Also, as the temperature increases the characteristics of the snow change. For months the snow has been so dry that snowballs could not be formed. Now I have to restrain myself from scooping up some snow to lob at close passers. I would never throw snow in anger but I will always think about it.

Top Bottom