Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
Still commuting as apparently I'm a key worker . Morning commutes are lovely and quiet . However my afternoon return leg is now being spoilt by the fact I keep getting overtaken by all the weekend warriors out doing there daily exercise while their not at work .

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Saw someone on a BSO yesterday cycling on the pavement with no rear tyre. Literally cycling on the wheelrim making lots of scraping noises!

Seemed to be managing a fast walking pace though it looked sketchy as hell.
Seen a couple of riders with flat or barely inflated tyres recently and thought how could they bare to keep going, but no tyre at all takes the prize :crazy:

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Every other day I'm doing a 19 mile loop starting out at about 6:45 a.m. then back to work from home (half my job involves lab work so I've got mostly tedious admin to do at home). Almost no-one about on the lanes, occasional jogger. Saw a buzzard on Monday, a deer this morning. It was colder than I expected today, haven't been that cold during this winter, hands went numb (it was only around freezing, I was just a bit underdressed). Might do a longer one on Friday, no-one seems to Skype me before 8:30.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well the NCN55 is still heaving with kids and families, I guess they are really taking this virus seriously going off the information poster ripped from the fence and dumped 😡

543400FD-6D4A-43C0-BAD9-3FEF7B277159.jpeg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Treated myself to using the 'best' bike for today's commute and put a bit of effort into it. The result for the round trip - an average of 17.4mph over the 28 miles. Possibly my best ever and I'm loving the quiet main roads, but it's like a slalom course giving all the walkers & other cyclist an extra wide berth on the back roads!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well I never thought I would be saying this but my return commutes are going to be back in the roads because they are safer and less congested than the shared paths along the NCN55 and guided busway to Tyldesley !
Lockdown means “ extended holiday” to the most of the clowns on those routes with large groups blundering along and not giving a toss how serious this virus is ! Mornings are still good because they will no doubt be still in bed whilst I go to work !
Stay safe everyone

Mike_P

Guru
Well I never thought I would be saying this but my return commutes are going to be back in the roads because they are safer and less congested than the shared paths along the NCN55 and guided busway to Tyldesley !
Lockdown means “ extended holiday” to the most of the clowns on those routes with large groups blundering along and not giving a toss how serious this virus is ! Mornings are still good because they will no doubt be still in bed whilst I go to work !
Stay safe everyone
Seems to me that avoiding CV19 means avoiding any no directional off road cycle route in or close to an urban area. In any case om most you cannot get 2m away from someone going the other way.

Top Bottom