Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Had to put the washing out before riding to work. How did I not realise before that a cycling jersey is designed for this very activity! built-in peg bag.

Shite! just started pissing down.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Coming up the back road from Old Felixstowe I'd been watching a thick black cloud line get bigger & darker and saw a couple of lightning bolts so stopped at the crossroads where I can either do 1.5 miles or 4 miles home to check the rain radar. A few seconds later I had to take cover in a bus shelter for 10 minutes while a thunderstorm & downpour hit.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
This was nice today, a doe and a fawn crossing the road in front of me. I thought the fawn was crossing OK so didn't halt, but he/she decided to abort the crossing

That's what helmet cameras are for :okay:

There's loads of stuff I've seen while cycling that I wish I had on camera, and none of it involves the fekwittery of motorists.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rain on this mornings commute for the first time since.... gawd... I really cant remember when.
It wasn't cold though which made for a nice refreshing ride to work.

rivers

How far can I go?
First commute back since early lockdown days, and as it looks like it is going to chuck it down on my way home, I opted for my winter bike. Normally, on the winter bike, My commute is between 1:09-1:12, and today it's down to 1:02, which is around my summer bike speed. All of the work over lockdown is paying off. Tomorrow should be interesting as I'm taking the TT bike into work since I'm going to play at Castle Combe after work. I've only made it under an hour a handful of times (and just, talking seconds here). Can I break 58 minutes?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Rain. Yep we had rain this morning for the commute to work. The last time I had rain on one of my commute was on the 1st May.
'twas nice and refreshing rain and didn't really hit hard until I was tucked up at work. I started out with a lightweight jacket but got a bit boil in the baggy.
So not only with a lot of people still working from home along with the school holiday. Its an absolute joy to cycle on near deserted roads. My normal commuter bike is waiting for a new bottom bracket so I am using my lovely Van Nich...such cycling joy ^_^^_^

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Damn you glass fairy !!! NCN55 near Bolton strikes again

Top Bottom