Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Depends where you live. Some are better than others. I'm confident that if I report similar incidents action is taken, warning letter, fixed penalty, conditional course offer or prosecution. It'll be interesting to see what happens with your reports & what area you are in.

I live in Greater Manchester so GMP.

I received an email from them saying that they will investigate but will get no update unless I am needed in court, which is a bit annoying.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia

I received an email from them saying that they will investigate but will get no update unless I am needed in court, which is a bit annoying.
Yup, disheartening.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

GMP, you've no chance. They are shocking. Myself and another forum member were badly injured by drivers, separate incidents, GMP weren't interested. One 'inspector' said to my wife (whilst I was in hospital in intensive care) - your insurance will sort it.

Absolutely useless they are.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Was expecting rain, but it was dry at 6:30am. Got a little spits and spots on the way in. Took it steady Eddy on the canal, but arrived in exactly the same time as usual 58 minutes.

My pannier bag needs a repair - new nut and bolt in the top rail as one has popped off.

Johnno260

Veteran
Still persisting with going around the back way through the 'quietway' but it's a mess, in the picture it might look like a fallen tree but actually someone has dragged a tree trunk across the lane, and a bunch of other stuff. It does add considerable interest to my commute.

Another report to the Highways Agency.

View attachment 608396 View attachment 608397 View attachment 608398

This looks similar to my morning ride except it's fly tipping, I was dodging mattresses and broken up wardrobes, not even on the side of the road, they looked like someone just pushed them off the back of a flat bed truck.

GMP, you've no chance. They are shocking. Myself and another forum member were badly injured by drivers, separate incidents, GMP weren't interested. One 'inspector' said to my wife (whilst I was in hospital in intensive care) - your insurance will sort it.

INteresting: here we have to involve the police otherwise it's a hit and run.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member

That's not good news and very frustrating for you. I'll probably not submit them anymore just upload them to YouTube.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
So I have a hypothesis about the frequent obstructions in the Quietway. The barriers get moved, the bollard lifted- it's broken and just sits loosely in it's hole- and people drive down it. Likely some disgruntled local is dragging stuff into the road to try to stop this happening. One decent bollard would work.

Passed a van at the barriers this morning. The barriers at the upper end were scattered around. Kept the video in the event that I find a load of stuff dumped in the lane later.

rivers

How far can I go?
One of my friends and I basically do the same commute to work, but in opposite directions. We always have a smile and a wave as we pass each other. This morning she yells out, "Do you have a minute? I'm having an issue that I can't figure out". I quickly pull over to see what's going on. Turns out, she's been using her new bike with a SRAM groupset, she had forgotten how to change gear on her Shimano groupset. In other news, it was a
20210915_083527.jpg
beautiful morning.

Lovely commute tonight, I was on the MTB (as Road bike got a puncture about a week ago and is still flat in shed:whistle:) So I swung off the road at a river path, ive done this before but normally get back on the road about a mile later.... Tonight a took a slight detour and carried on along the river path and ended up just half a mile from my house on the road... added bonus is the river path is a right of way across the edge of a golf course... so possibly annoyed a few golf by just catching a couple of greens:okay:

Top Bottom