Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
The Deloitte Ride across Britain riders crossed my commute at two points this morning, it was great to see so many riders where I usually only see one or two.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Left Old Reliable in the garage this morning, as we're both creaking; instead I took the Dolan Multi-X I purchased from @DCLane ages ago.

One thing I did after I bought it was to fit it with a rather unsuited set of Miche Excites, shod with Mavic Aksion tyres. Needless to say, when pressed into commuting service, a flat tyre was a given, and so it proved, going up Sunray Avenue toward Denmark Hill. Thankfully, it was the front one; less thankfully, the tyres are tighter than a camel's @rse in a sandstorm on the rim. This being the case, I managed to snap one of my tyre levers, which left me buggered.

I was saved by a guy riding past the same way who asked me if I was OK for a spare tube, who luckily had spare levers, including a metal one which he let me have. If he happens to be reading this, thanks very much, mate, you're a star.

Pump turned out to be useless as well, I'd have been better blowing into the tube I reckon. Lunchtime today was a trip round to Evans to use their track pump, and to get my kecks pulled down for the cost of a new spare tube.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Misty commute along the canal this morning. All good. Checking out the old Garmin 200 still works well (rather than using the Explore).

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
What generation of weaklings are we nurturing with this electrickery?
I used to chase down any ebike passing me up a hill. It was a matter of defending one's honour.

Now I just wave them goodbye. Must be amusing to the casual observer, watching a fat man in Lycra puffing and panting his way up a hill, while an old lady with a shopping basket on the front of her bike breezes past him while hardly pedalling.

Top Bottom