Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Hard to resist following a balloon!

Hot air ballons in the morning are one of the things I recognize as a sign of autumn approaching- or they were, none about last year.

Yes, this year's Bristol Balloon Fiesta was a remote-event with liftoffs in various places - and on this day, a south wind so it was great for where I live. Missed seeing them last year.

Okay, it's yesterdays commute, but still...

2021_08_62_Commute_02.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's it, back into it - first regular ride back to work. Panniers are still bouncing off the bottom clip due to the speed bumps on the canal (yes speed bumps) - bungies ordered as my 'others' have been 'used' by family.

The office is dead. A few 'returning' students around, but next to no staff, other than loads of Cleaning and Facilities folk. Nobody in my office where there would usually be over 20.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The day nearly didn't start well, the front tyre was soft - the bike hadn't been used for about 10 days (using others). Pumped up and it's held air all the way to work. I suspect a thorn. That said, I better go take a look at lunch.

On the way back from work today I noticed something was different on the cycleway along the last section of the ride. It took a few moments before I realised what it was, and I was so startled I took a picture:

2021_09_02_Commute_03.jpg

The town council have cut the grass verges along the cycleway.

Not only this, but the marks on the tarmac show that they then cleaned up the clippings so no-one gets a puncture.

I'm not sure I can handle all this helpfulness from local authorities...

Last edited:
Top Bottom