Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Mostly nice ride in this morning. Virtually no wind, and not too cold for 7-8am in October.

Just one iffy moment, when I almost took out a pair of pedestrians (woman and her daughter). I was in the marked and bollarded cycle lane, they were crossing the road, and just carried on across the cycle lane part without the slightest attempt to check for any oncoming bikes. Just totally oblivious until I shouted "Watch out!".
GP020183.MP4_snapshot_08.25_[2021.10.15_10.29.07].jpg

gzoom

Über Member
Just enjoying my commute home today, suddenly I feel a 'tag' than pain around my chest.....Humm, weird, I rub the area for a bit than make it home.

This joyful fella than falls out as I take off my shirt to see whats going on, amazing the amount of pain a tiny sting can do. Just had to take some Ibuprofen just now. Adventurous stuff this pedal bike commuting!!

51590910287_9c9bb69b85_c_d.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Didn't commute on the bike on Tuesday as had a dodgy knee. Didn't feel like it today, but the reminder of an hour in traffic changed that.

Picked up another thorn on the way in due to more trimming on the canal. Fixed it after work, but tyre went down again a few miles later. Thats two tubes patched. Winter tyres will be on soon, so I'll risk it. Averaging a thorn every other ride

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Was it a velomobile?

I think it is a sort of enclosed motorcycle. It has a chain drive to the rear wheel. I would guess it is a custom build (I can't find any others that look like it by searching and the aircraft-type appearance suggests a custom build). I did find some photographs of it taken in the local area- suggesting a one-off.

From Flickr

Alamy (stock photo site)

Alamy- shows chain drive

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
I think it is a sort of enclosed motorcycle. It has a chain drive to the rear wheel. I would guess it is a custom build (I can't find any others that look like it by searching). I did find some photographs of it taken in the local area- suggesting a one-off.

From Flickr

Alamy (stock photo site)

Alamy- shows chain drive
But wouldn't a custom build require a Q plate? Nice build.

Top Bottom