Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Another flat - picked one up Thursday morning, and again today. Another thorn. Canal bushes have been trimmed in places, so pretty unavoidable. They are lightweight cheaper tyres that fit under my mudgards (26 x 2.0) so time to fine others, or put the snow studs on early ;)

Alex321

Veteran
Another flat - picked one up Thursday morning, and again today. Another thorn. Canal bushes have been trimmed in places, so pretty unavoidable. They are lightweight cheaper tyres that fit under my mudgards (26 x 2.0) so time to fine others, or put the snow studs on early ;)
There's been a lot of hedge trimming round here recently as well. My last puncture before I fitted tubeless was caused by that.

Back to regular (twice a week) commuting from tomorrow, so wanted more puncture resistance.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've been so lucky on the three commutes so far this week. Each times it's peed down before I left home/work but each time it's stopped raining for the commute. Lucky me. Not expecting it to last though.

rivers

How far can I go?
Tough slog to work today. Legs just had nothing in them. Not quite sure why I struggled so much today. The headwind on the way home should be fun

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Absolutely chucked it down this morning and flooded roads - haven't ridden in conditions that bad for a long time and only did half the normal mileage. Thankfully the waterproofs kept things mostly dry and half an hour after I got in, the sun came out.

Rear mudguard spontaneously snapped going at 20mph. Mudguard ended up getting dragged underneath the back wheel and Jammed against the frame locking the back wheel which was now on top of part of the mudguard. Completely bent back and twisted the mudguard stays inside out.

Couldn't stop for about 30 metres as I had barely any control and pulling the front brake was just trying to make me go over the bars. Somehow managed to stay upright by pure luck.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Rear mudguard spontaneously snapped going at 20mph. Mudguard ended up getting dragged underneath the back wheel and Jammed against the frame locking the back wheel which was now on top of part of the mudguard. Completely bent back and twisted the mudguard stays inside out.

Couldn't stop for about 30 metres as I had barely any control and pulling the front brake was just trying to make me go over the bars. Somehow managed to stay upright by pure luck.
Nasty, mine did this and borked the derailleur hanger, cage, chain etc

Spartak