Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Here's the commute where I go under the Basel-Karlsruhe Autobahn, so @speedfreak knows it isn't all pretty fields...

2022_06_21_Commute_01.jpg

Of course the path goes under the Autobahn on the river side of the embankment, so if the river really floods, it's blocked. Hasn't happened yet, but it came close a couple of times. Funny how Autobahns never go through flood areas isn't it?

Last edited:
With yesterday's rail strike, the longest day and the glorious weather. I was inspired to cycle my whole train/cycle commute. All was going well in the morning until about 20miles from work when the rear mudguard snapped, which made that last 20miles a slog. I'd just about recovered at night and relatively flew up and over Barkway but the last 44miles into a wind that had completely changed direction from the morning (It was a SSW wind in the morning and NNE at night) made it a right slog. It a bit too long to do as a regular alternative but I am glad I did it.
20220621_043628.jpg

20220621_045907.jpg

20220621_140724.jpg

20220621_162829.jpg

20220621_192628.jpg

20220621_210343.jpg

20220621_210357.jpg

20220621_220009.jpg

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
With yesterday's rail strike, the longest day and the glorious weather. I was inspired to cycle my whole train/cycle commute. All was going well in the morning until about 20miles from work when the rear mudguard snapped, which made that last 20miles a slog. I'd just about recovered at night and relatively flew up and over Barkway but the last 44miles into a wind that had completely changed direction from the morning (It was a SSW wind in the morning and NNE at night) made it a right slog. It a bit too long to do as a regular alternative but I am glad I did it.
View attachment 649992

View attachment 649993

View attachment 649994

View attachment 649995

View attachment 649996

View attachment 649997

View attachment 649998

View attachment 650015

Chapeau indeed!

Reactions: C R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
View attachment 649992

View attachment 649993

View attachment 649994

View attachment 649995

View attachment 649996

View attachment 649997

View attachment 649998

View attachment 650015

'kinell!

That's further than I've ever cycled in a day without working as well!!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Not going to bore anyone with the details, but truly the twatterati have been out in force in their steel boxes these past couple of days.

On the bright side, the weather has been glorious, and the ride a pleasure, as long as you refuse to let the bustards grind you down.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Not my happiest commute today. It started well, sunny with a tail wind, but followed by a four mile walk home carrying the bike.

A driver pulled out on me without looking properly. He was very quick to offer to pay for the damage so I’m off to the bike shop today for a quote. The wheel is obvious but I fear for the forks. My favourite bike too. Somehow I managed to remain upright so at least I’m not injured.

8080DB41-9793-4AEB-BD9E-35B45C6CC1BF.jpeg

6F24FCCC-94F9-49C1-A2A9-4544638C56D9.jpeg

si_c

Guru
Not my happiest commute today. It started well, sunny with a tail wind, but followed by a four mile walk home carrying the bike.

A driver pulled out on me without looking properly. He was very quick to offer to pay for the damage so I’m off to the bike shop today for a quote. The wheel is obvious but I fear for the forks. My favourite bike too. Somehow I managed to remain upright so at least I’m not injured.

View attachment 650778

View attachment 650779

Had similar, hopefully it's just the wheel, steel is remarkably resilient after an impact.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

View attachment 650778

View attachment 650779

Sorry to hear this chap. Fingers crossed he sticks to his word and does pay for the damage. Some drivers think repair costs are peanuts and when they do find out it actually costs a bit to repair or replace they start to get all huffy.

rivers

How far can I go?

View attachment 650778

View attachment 650779

Ouch, glad you are okay. Sucks that he is uninsured. Fingers crossed everything works out for you

tinywheels

Über Member
I was knocked off by a female driver in Brixton back in 82.
Despite promises to pay for damages, nothing materialised.
I say set the old bill on them,at least they should be prosecuted.
If someone is driving illegally what makes you feel they will do the right thing by you?

Top Bottom