Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Much milder temperatures this morning. A balmy 12° at 7.30am. Though paired with a little drizzle and a bit of a tailwind. Last weeks cold commute was a tough one. This week's is just looking mild and damp. I can live with that.

Lovely to have nice and clear roads too now that the schools have closed.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
The rain had stopped by the time I left on this mornings commute but as you can see by the picture below the Ford at Henbury was very full !

IMG_20221220_043223.jpg

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Last commute of the year for me today, beautiful clear morning with a gossamer sliver of crescent moon to admire, and not too cold.

Ride back will leave me 10km short of 8000km for the year, so might have to extend a bit (may also be my last ride of the year).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Major break down at work on monday early shift , as im on late shift this week it means we are having to pick up the lost production to catch back before the end of the week :sad:
starting at 2.30 pm and finishing after 2 am every day till friday when we might actually be done for midnight if we are lucky ,
This means i leave the house at 1.40 pm and dont get back till 3.15 am so im knackered but with having kids the morning " get up now " shouts from mrs ck to the kids ( they dont move otherwise) wake me up then i try to sleep on the sofa a bit but its no substitute for a decent amount of sleep .
Last 2 nights have been into the strong headwinds home with a nice bit of rain just to make it a bit more fun :sad:
Amazing how many people are walking about at that time of morning including a bloke walking 3 dogs at 3 am !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
And so ends another year of cycle commuting. Only missed one day this year - back in January when it was not the weather, but being unable to get back from London in time to bike in for my late shift that caused me to take the car for the only time.
Two changes afecting the commute - taking partial retirement in June and moving to normal office hours for 3 days per week instead of shifts and weekend working no doubt helped, while getting an ebike on cycle to work in October has added another challenge in trying to keep above 15.5mph for as much time as possible when it's used.

Top Bottom