Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Same here. Was fine this morning but was pretty grim this evening. Cold, wet and windy. Made for a grinding, slow commute home.

rivers

How far can I go?
Wet and windy commute today. I also had a visit from the p*ncture fairy on the way home. Luckily, there was a convenient bus shelter for me to swap out the tube. I really need to get off my arse and order a new tubeless valve and rim tape for my winter bike

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another dark, wet and windy commute this morning. Only saving grace was that the temps are pretty mild.
Looking at the forecast for the next couple of weeks, it seems we will be having ongoing bouts of wet weather, Nice, not. Oh well, just have to suck it up and get on with it. Roll on lighter, drier days.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Popped an extra 10 PSI in the ice tyres as it didn't turn out icy yesterday, so wasn't dragging them along another day. No rain today, but a fair headwind, but my lungs felt more open today. Decent ride in, nothing's worked loose on the rebuilt commuter, so all good. Not many bikes in the bike shed at the moment, just mine and one other (there are two others in there but they haven't moved in a year). Still not many bikes on the route.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Had to do an unplanned dash up to the local office so got a short commute ride in this morning on the Brompton. Need to shed some winter weight and illness.
First ride into the city centre tomorrow.

annirak

Veteran
First school run of the year today. Kid #1 did alright given she hasn't ridden her bike in 3 weeks.

The commuter bike is about 80% finished the upgrade, so I was still on the road bike today. It's developed a rubbing noise, but only when I coast with my weight on my right foot. I think the 8.5-year old aluminum frame--never intended to pull a trailer--may be on its last legs.

Strong tail wind on the way to the school run. The ride back was windy but not too bad.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Only a light shower on the way in this morning, but that's 2 days out of two this year. Add in a stiff headwind for large parts and it was a bit of a struggle.

fossyant

Another mild and dry commute (damp roads but nothing from the sky). Loads more bikes on the "Floop" this morning, and it was just starting to get light as nearer work at around 8am this morning (i.e. not pitch black).

Lungs getting back to normal having had a work out, and times improving having had 8 weeks off. Also helps if you remember to take your medication - I'd forgotten since Saturday at least and only realised yesterday morning, hence struggling a bit.

biking_fox

Guru
Whereas almost an hour latter it was definitely coming out of the sky. Heavy cloud/constant drizzle and quite grim.

But glad to back on the bike again, first ride back to work today. Still a bit battered from the end of last year, but all working fine.

fossyant

Whereas almost an hour latter it was definitely coming out of the sky. Heavy cloud/constant drizzle and quite grim.

But glad to back on the bike again, first ride back to work today. Still a bit battered from the end of last year, but all working fine.

Oh dear, looks out of the window, oh the roads are wet ! It was pleasant between 7 and 8am !

Top Bottom