Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
It was a nice ride in this morning and the good news is it looks like the three-day-a-week commute to the city centre will be continuing for the foreseeable. There was talk of just using the office 2km from my house, would miss the commute.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
It was so good to have some bright sky stuff going on this morning!
welcome to BStoke.png

060123.png

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
From tomorrow the sunrise starts getting earlier each day.

Already quite a difference at the other end of the day.

Had an extended break to use up some leave. Didn't ride at all except Elephant Bike shopping / Beryl bikes. Three commutes and I'm wiped out.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Puncture as soon as i left the house , very quick deflation so obviously something big and as it was bloomin early , dark and cold i thought sod this and took the car as the kids are still off school and mrs ck wasn't going anywhere .
When i got home there was indeed a big cut in the tyre so i binned it rather than just changing the tube and haveing another potential deflation.
Just done a zwift session to make up for it ;)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Wet one today, thought I might get away with it as we didn't have any rain until around 6am, and it didn't sound much on the window. Got changed and off I set and realised it was heavy, but not biblical. Just got the issue of drying gloves, waterproofs and sweaty clothing now. Feet were lovely and dry with my Shimano Winter Boots.

Everyone is moaning about how 'horrible' it is. It were 'all reet' on the bike TBH. 90% of my route is off road, so pleasant. One colleague had enough issues crossing the roads in the rain on foot !

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The rain started off light when I left home this morning, getting progressively heavier as I got more into my commute. Not cold though which at least was something. Drowned rat comes to mind. Looking much drier for the ride home thankfully.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I think drivers get less careful, not more, in the rain.

2 close passes reported from today, straight road, no reason for them at all. One a large Range Rover squeezing past at a pedestrian refuge pinch point rather than easing off for a few seconds.

biking_fox

Guru
Some quite significant puddles this morning, sure to get worse during the day. I've normally done quite well with just gortex office shoes, but maybe I should get some actual dry cycling shoes. Certainly wet enough to go the quick way in. (3miles rather than 6).

Jenkins

Legendary Member
The puncture fairy finally caught up with me for the first time in a while. Unfortunately it was in the dark and on the ebike which I've not looked at removing wires & wheels yet, so a 3 mile stroll along Felixstowe prom in to work. I'll walk home later as it's a nice sunny day, pick up the car and drive back to work to get the bike to work on at home.

Alex321

Veteran
Fairly windy and some heavy rain between Peterstone and St Brides this morning, but not too bad a ride. Not really looking forward to the ride home, as the wind seems stronger and will be mostly head wind.

Top Bottom