Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Fairly windy and some heavy rain between Peterstone and St Brides this morning, but not too bad a ride. Not really looking forward to the ride home, as the wind seems stronger and will be mostly head wind.

The wind as indeed MUCH stronger on the way home, plus some heavy driving rain for a chunk of it.

If the weather had been that bad this morning, I would not have been taking the bike. But strangely, even through the hard work and occasional struggles for control, I never actually reached the point of wishing I hadn't taken it.

tinywheels

Über Member
I hate winter

Attachments

• IMG-20230110-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20230110-WA0001.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 4

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Missed the worst of it today, although fully waterproofed on way home, the rain stopped. Very wet now, just come back from Cinema. Some flooding, hopefully the rain will blow away by morning.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Nice ride today, wet road but nothing was coming from the sky.

Really surprises me that some people with costly looking commuter setups don't use mudguards, even clip on ones for the winter.

biking_fox

Guru
Hopefully according to the forecast, a dry day's riding! (first of the year?!) Started out well. Obviously reached saturation point now, last night's rain caused several minor puddles to become somewhat more significant.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Blinking heck.. that was windy this morning. Made for very hard going. At least the wind has dried out the roads from all yesterdays rain. Oh yes, dried out my chain too meaning I was squeaking along like a dogs toy on the commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey, the commute was hard this morning. Rolled out of bed, down the stairs to fine MrsF had put the heating on in the conservatory for me - shocked. I did put the Mokka pot on.

I did bail the ride yesterday. Bit sick of getting soaked, but the runabout Aygo had flashed up Airbag light the night before so I was seeing if it repeated. It did, but went out, so I suspect a connector needs a good blast of cleaner (brake cleaner is ideal).

Looks breezy out. Snow expected next week - whoop !

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Colder this week so I got my lobster gloves out. Put them on and the left one didn't feel right. Checked both gloves- two fingers in each bit of the claw. The right one felt OK. Got to the end of the road and I just didn't feel right. Took off the left one and put it back on- this time with three fingers in the upper claw and one in the lower. That felt normal.

When I got to work I tried doing the same with the right glove- if felt completely wrong. Has to be two fingers in each part for the right hand and three and one in the left. Presumably I've been wearing them this way since I bought them several years ago.

Top Bottom