Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Fairly comfortable ride in here today. Chilly but not super-cold (about 1C for most of the ride, moderate wind).

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
coming home last night it was heavy sleet with the roads covered in slush it was tricky to see the road properly due to snow blindness .
This morning it was snowing heavily but it seems to have cleared now , i could cycle tonight but as it tradition to take cakes in for your birthday im going to car it again tonight as mines next week and i plan to be back on 2 wheels as normal by then .

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Very cold and gloomy ride in through minimal slush on the roads and desultry snow in the air.

Sun's out now, so might have to go and look for some proper snow in the hills again on the way home :-)

2023_03_10_commute_01.jpg

Threatening weather today on the way to work.

Had to go to work again today.

2023_03_11_commute_01.jpg

The first part of the "medium" commute (I overslept) was gloomy again...

2023_03_11_commute_02.jpg

Typically it then brightened up as I was riding the last kilometre or so.

Apart from being called upon to sell a couple of bikes I wasn't really needed, so I had to occupy myself tidying the workshop, fixing bikes and helping a client.

It's tough, but someone's got to do it...

Alex321

Veteran
This morning's ride far nicer than expected, barely a hint of drizzle and actually warm. Not looking forward to this evening though.

WFH today, but if I had been in the office, there is no way I'd have been on the bike with the gale blowing here. Next office day is Wednesday, and by then it is supposed to be reasonably calm.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This morning's ride far nicer than expected, barely a hint of drizzle and actually warm. Not looking forward to this evening though.

You must have fallen lucky, not nice out there. WFH today.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
You must have fallen lucky, not nice out there. WFH today.

It was nice for me too, a few gusts but nothing too bad. I got to work dry. I left the house at 0730.

I am sure I will regret it later though as it does look to have turned.

New pedals and bar tape were great and I just need to tweak the handlebars by a few degrees.

I did also fit my fork mount light bracket, but managed to cause a rub on the front wheel from the mudguard it was only tiny, making it sound like I was on an ebike.

Last edited:

biking_fox

Guru
Even yesterday evening was better than expected, dry for 3/4 of the route home, just a little wet on the final segment. Today cold clear and sunny with big puddles remaining. The forecast for hometime isn't great, but it only needs a short gap to be dry when I'm riding.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Even yesterday evening was better than expected, dry for 3/4 of the route home, just a little wet on the final segment. Today cold clear and sunny with big puddles remaining. The forecast for hometime isn't great, but it only needs a short gap to be dry when I'm riding.

Check's forecast... At least my mudguards got cleaned on the inside with the puddles. New wheels on this morning, with slick tyres. Much nicer rolling.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
No ride in today as WFH but the mudguard rubbing issue started again after multiple attempts to do a temp adjustment, I ended up removing the lamp bracket and fitting the guard correctly.

Top Bottom