Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That was a nippy one - I was expecting a little snow as it appeared quite bright when I woke this morning (but it was the sun). I'd built some new wheels over the weekend and fitted them last night with slicker tyres.

Got up, popped outside, erm nope, switched the wheels back over to the 'old' wheels with the studs on. At least I have spare wheels now. Just needed a quick adjustment to the canti brakes as the pads were rubbing the fatter tyres.

Lovely ride in and looking forward to some sunshine the next few days.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Looks like it had been raining overnight and there was heavy wet snow for the ride in - at least it wasn't settling and hadn't frozen.

biking_fox

Guru
Possibly colder last night into an edgy wind than this morning with bright sun... However the frost on the ground meant I kept off the bike paths.

Lots of drivers seem to have forgotten how to indicate. There were always a few, but it seems much more commonplace now.

Mike_P

Guru
Lots of drivers seem to have forgotten how to indicate. There were always a few, but it seems much more commonplace now.
And if they do indicate it's all too often that brief it can be missed. Pet hate is a queue at a traffic light controlled T junction, everyone has to turn left or right but the amount of no indication makes trying to work out if it's safe to pass for a right turn (the majority will be turning left) outright awkward.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Flipping freezing out. Didn't look icy as we've a fair breeze, but the puddles were frozen, as was any grass (I did ride over some). Eyeballs suffering today. I did pop on full winter gear.

I was tempted to drop the slicks back on, but then thought about the forecast - ice tyres stayed on.

Oh, and when you can see a wobbly bob in front of you, but you can't quite catch them with low pressure studded tyres as you spin your legs off at 15 mph, stop chasing.

It was an e-wobbly bob on an assisted cargo bike. Grrr

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
snow coming down thick as i was getting prepared to set off on late shift and forecast to get worse so i am taking the car today :sad:

There was a chance of snow on my commute so I took the gravel bike for my commute today with the intention of exploring some bridleways on the way back. I never got the chance, it was snowing before I got off the train in the morning and never stopped (all day and night).
Screenshot_20230308-203638_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230308-203753_Chrome.jpg

20230308_175547.jpg

20230308_175558.jpg

20230308_180456.jpg

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/aGyvWZ1Uulk?feature=share

rivers

How far can I go?
A chilly but mostly pleasant ride in this morning. With the exception of the out of phase temporary traffic lights by Spike Island on the Cumberland Road in Bristol. The traffic lights have been there forever, so why they were put of phase this morning is beyond me. Myself and another cyclist nearly got flattened and the drivers were not impressed when we called them put for not waiting until we cleared and we did in fact have a green light when we set off.

Top Bottom