Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
This was in the bike shed today.
20231205_081832.jpg

fossyant

Looks like ice wheels back on for the morning. Then back to slicks for a wet Thursday. In out, shake it all about.

Check, definately ice tyres as the cars are freezing over already.

Last edited:
Lol, this morning when I set off I got all the way to the edge of the estate before I realised Id forgotten my laptop so it was a rather hard ride after I collected it to get to the station on time :laugh: It was rather drizzly and dark for the ride to the station and the main commute (its usually lighter once I'm off the train but we are getting towards the shortest day) but that about it, unless you count the miles of cars I passed typical of a wet drizzly day and fair weather/ good light cyclists. It was confirmed when I got to the office when a colleague asked, "are you still cycling, I've stopped for a few months as its too dark"
Tonight was a wee bit harder than I was planning as I tried to grab a weather window. Never made it though it turned rather wet again!
I had to wait about 30mins + for the train and in the space of that and the 50min train journey temperatures had plummeted and to keep warm I probably went harder than I should have. I'm glad I'm WfH tomorrow, after a high of 7deg, it supposed to Freeze overnight, before rising to 7deg again on Thursday and maybe 13deg at the weekend. #globalwarming

fossyant

Frosty one, Ice wheels went on last night. Certainly proved useful in Reddish vale, when a pedestrian nearly came a cropper on the ice, as I cycled past and said 'morning, it's a bit slippy'. Then passed a poor guy slip sliding on his bike up the climb out of the 'Vale' as I cycled past on the sheet ice.

Alex321

Veteran
Chilly byut not frosty here. Temperature was around 2C for almost the entire ride - unusuallly it didn't even change when I got ito the city streets, which are normally a degree or two higher.

But no sign of ice on car windscreens, or frost on verges or frozen puddles.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
2° this morning at 7.30am when I left home. It started off a little bit misty and foggy but that very quickly dissapeared to reveal a beautiful, bright, sun shiny morning. The commute only marred buy a huge amount of backed up traffic. More then usual due to train strikes.

Mazz

i have the same ones and yes they are brilliant in winter , i use then for commuting and i only need a thinner pair of gloves .

Today's cold snap was a painful reminder to ask you...Where did you buy yours from?

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I guess they're one-size-fits-all, right? I've got a Specialized Allez Elite, if it makes any difference.

the lower bit that sits on the drops is tightens by a Velcro strap and the upper has another Velcro closure , i t can take photos if you desire assuming they haven't changed anything since i had mine

Mazz

the lower bit that sits on the drops is tightens by a Velcro strap and the upper has another Velcro closure , i t can take photos if you desire assuming they haven't changed anything since i had mine

No need for photos mate. The ones on the link you provided are pretty good pictures.
I will deffo be ordering, cheers.

Top Bottom