Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Road home white over last night and police report of a car going off on a similar road today , still full of man flu
Im getting a bit stir crazy now as i know im doing the right thing :sad:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
A lot colder today and even more so on my extended route home through Worsley woods and down the Bridgewater canal
IMG_2508.jpeg

IMG_2509.jpeg

Last edited:
Sunday 3rd

An ‘interesting’ ride in, as the Cock-Wombles were already out!

1. I stopped at the traffic-lights in Normanton Market Place (junction with King Edward Street & Altofts Road)
A Tesla (I think it was?) pulled up alongside, with the drivers only vision being a ‘letterbox’ slot in the (minuscule amount of) snow
The cars smart systems obviously don’t compensate for the drivers dumbness??

2. At the blind-crest, by the entrance to Stanley Marina (Ferry Lane, Stanley), the driver of a white Ford Kuga decided that he/she couldn’t wait, & overtook
I could see the roof of the car approaching, in the dip, the ‘C-W’ wasn’t bothered
He/she forced the opposing car to stop, & l expected to be clipped by Kuga back-end!!

Utter Cock-Womble!!

If he/she had stopped, l would have had harsh words to say

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Even though the snow had gone I kept the bar mitts on as it was heavy rain,I could barely see the side of the road in places and couldn't avoid flooded sections as I just couldn't see them until too late .At least my hands where warm and dry

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Cold, dark, wet.

But back the the normal commuter with road tyres, felt like I was floating effortlessly in!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Gloomy, damp. Couldn't find my gloves this morning- put the autumn gloves on (got away with it).

Doesn't get dark much earlier than it does today (15:52, London) on Friday 15:51, stays that way for quite a few days then sunset gets a little later each day from the 18th.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Damp and relatively mild this morning, so off came the studded tyres/wheels and swapped back to the usual commuter tyre/wheels. Trundled in as I was feeling knackered.

Top Bottom