Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Little wheels out again carrying out commute duties. Gorgeous start and finish to the day riding to and from Bolton with an extended return leg through Worsley
IMG_2447.jpeg

Frosty Guided busway
IMG_2449.jpeg

M.61 car park heading into Manchester
IMG_2452.jpeg

Old Werke Dam in Worsley woods
IMG_2458.jpeg

Heading down to the Bridgewater canal
IMG_2465.jpeg

Alphabet bridge over the Delph in Worsley

tinywheels

Über Member
very very cold waiting for the train

20231130_062810.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Glorious out today. The very hard white frost looked very pretty on the way in. Extra thick gloves out this morning (nightvisions) as my fingers were a little chilly last night on the way home. Just checking the camera from last night, and it looks like it was trying to snow for about an hour in the early hours (a 'creature' had triggered it).

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Well, that was interesting. Got hit by a motorist coming out of station car park, just drove straight into me as I went past.

Nothing too bad, minor bruising, bike seems ok. I told him to reverse back in, he claimed his car wouldn't reverse, so I took a photo, then he drove off as soon as I moved out of his way.

Lovely lady came to check I was OK and will act as witness too. Have reported to plod.

Young lad in a merc, probably had frosted up window, maybe driving parents car, uninsured so didn't stop perhaps? Just speculation.

Jon in Sweden

It's been sub zero here since last Friday. Still commuting 24-27.5km each way, each day (depending on route).

It's been minus 10-11c the last couple of mornings. Very glad for the heated socks and ski mitts. Very comfortably warm.

Back on asphalt as tired of the hilly gravel route for the time being. Love hills, love gravel but not so much fun when you're tired from work.

Only about 2cm of snow currently. No ice, thankfully.

This is what I looked like when I got home yesterday afternoon (-8c)

Attachments

• IMG-20231129-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20231129-WA0001.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 6

Alex321

Veteran
Well, that was interesting. Got hit by a motorist coming out of station car park, just drove straight into me as I went past.

Nothing too bad, minor bruising, bike seems ok. I told him to reverse back in, he claimed his car wouldn't reverse, so I took a photo, then he drove off as soon as I moved out of his way.

Lovely lady came to check I was OK and will act as witness too. Have reported to plod.

Young lad in a merc, probably had frosted up window, maybe driving parents car, uninsured so didn't stop perhaps? Just speculation.

If he actually didn't know how to reverse it, then it could even have been stolen. Seems more likely he was just bullshitting youy though, since you will hardly ever get in and out of a car park space without reversing one way.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member

Glad your ok, definitely sounds like uninsured/banned/stolen.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Coldest one yet for me this winter at -3. I put the wheels with Marathon Winters on last night, my route this morning was around some of the ring-road shared pavement which is covered in wet leaves and very slippery. OK I was a bit slower than usual but it was safe. Ski gloves with liners just about kept my hands warm enough. Winter boots need a bit of stitching on the tongue. Fun to be out but still some drivers can't bring themselves to give space even in this weather.

Top Bottom