Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
With it being a bit milder I thought I'd try out a new pair of Dunlop cycling gloves that I got for Christmas; I don't think I'll wear them again; my fingers were freezing and the their velcro fastening is on the back hand (like golf gloves :ohmy:) all my other gloves have velcro on the front which seems easier to open when I stop. My rear wheel is on its last legs after last weeks shunt so it was just a short commute for me again and I'm glad those gloves are useless!

400bhp

Guru
Had to drive the car 90%^ of the way into work as having a towbar fitted. It's the first time I've commuted into the city for a long time (perhaps 6 - 8 months).

I can confirm - COMMUTING BY CAR SUCKS. I really noticed the futility of many cars "competing" for road space, e.g. overtaking one car to move one car further in the queue - people not letting cars merge.

No thanks - I'll stick to cycling thank you.

Nice to be reminded how shat commuting by car is now and again.

BSRU

A Human Being
First commute for 11 days and what a difference to the weather.
Last time -3 in the morning with a bitter wind only reaching about +1 at lunchtime.
This morning +3.6 when I left this morning with a light wind and maybe up to +10 by lunchtime.
I think spring may have actually turned up:smile:

Forecast for this week looks OK for Swindon although the warmer temperatures will be accompanied by some rain.
Looks similar in Peterborough but the beeb weresaying the wind was to get up again and would still be bitingly cold :sad:

BSRU

A Human Being
Looks similar in Peterborough but the beeb weresaying the wind was to get up again and would still be bitingly cold :sad:
The beeb's forecast has been quite good recently but the other three I use seem to agree with each other but not the beeb.
A shame as I was hoping to give my sunny dry day bike a bit of a bash this week.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
No ice, no snow, same chuffin' easterly wind. What's that about, it died down over the weekend and comes back for Monday morning.

Anyway, it was a really nice ride in for early March.

Nathjh

Today I undertook a taxi. He was annoying me and I only averaged 12.8mph but I am absolutely shattered! Was a little bit windy also :sad:

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Back on the regular commuter this week after riding my weekend bike last week, bit of a difference, but that wind is still blowing well this morning. Waiting for the rain to return as its forecast :sad:

apb

Veteran
Got a string of yellows ;) on the way to work and an upset taxi driver. I'm sure he's generally an angry man so me cruising through a yellow and causing he to be delayed by 2 seconds doesn't really concern me.

He gave me a shout, i gave him the finger. Let's all move on.

Top Bottom