Tales from today's commute....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Black Country Ste

Seven minutes riding into a freezing northerly this morning was more than enough to lose feeling in my face and turn my feet to blocks of ice.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Headwind? WHAT HEADWIND? ;)... Life is so much less frustrating when you ride to watts not mph (or km/h)

I'll PM you my address for you send me the power meter ;)

I'd be interested in hearing about your training schedule and how you mix it with commuting

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Yeah but it's Functional Threshold Power... :blush: Functional Power Threshold is something very different & unrelated to cycling
I cannot help myself when I read this I it always comes out in a David Brent voice, sorry!

david_points_1024.jpg

Rev

I rode motorbikes for years and years and had forgotten what a bunch of selfish, ignorant, dangerous morons drive in and around Bradford. On one stretch of road today cutting through Manningham (famous scene of the Bradford riots) I was pulled out on (forcing me to stop) 3 times , pulled out on forcing me to really slow down another 2 times, forced into the side of the road once and encountered cars on the cycle lane(at traffic lights) twice.......I will definitely change that route even if it means hills and hell of a lot further to go! :banghead:

If you are going to do a trackstand at the traffic lights, try not to be perpendicular in the middle of the road as the lights turn green...

Rev

What is a trackstand?

Top Bottom